• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

El Patron (Humberto Indigo Diaz)

"Ardent" is indeed a storyline, but you certainly won't find it in 3.5. As @Pieter Boelen says, you'll need Beta 4 to get that, along with other good stuff. Moreover, if you develop your storyline under version 3.5, it won't work under version 4, which means it probably won't go into any future build. Get version 4, make your story work with the up to date version, then it can be shared with other people. :D

I have some limited experience in modding but am also developing my first full storyline, namely "Ardent". But I'm quite happy to help with yours as well. So are other people round here - we may be pirates but we're all quite friendly. :rpirate

I will be sure to do that! I recently started playing the Nathaniel Hawke campaign again. WIll I still be able to load it?

I will be sure to do that. For now I will probably just mess around with the code so I'll know what to do once I get the next update downloaded.

Before starting my own storyline, I may try to work on finishing the currently unfinished Chevalier story, if no one is working on it.

Before starting my own storyline, I may try to work on finishing the currently unfinished Chevalier story, if no one is working on it.
Before you touch that, it is CRUCIAL that you update to the latest Beta 4 WIP.

The original start of that storyline is now linked to selecting "Gambler" or "Rogue" on the Free Play storyline instead:
New Horizons Free Play | PiratesAhoy!

The remainder of that storyline is now a generally available sidequest which is available in ALL storylines:
Sinking The Vogelstruijs | PiratesAhoy!

So "Tales of a Chevalier" in its original form no longer exists at all and therefore it is also no longer "unfinished".

What IS still unfinished is the "Devlin Opera" storyline.

Yes. Of course. I will download it when the next beta comes out next week :yes

In terms of the Devlin Opera, how come there is only an option for Beatrice and not Blaze anymore? If I write it, should I write it as if it is from her perspective? Because I remember correctly, in previous builds if one did Beatrice, she would meet up with Blaze in Turks and vice versa. If I happened to choose a male character, like Blaze, will I also end up meeting my duplicate in Turks, or is it coded to meet Beatrice?

And, just out of curiosity, who's storyline was that originally? Wasn't it Thomas the Terror's? :checklist

In terms of the Devlin Opera, how come there is only an option for Beatrice and not Blaze anymore?
I don't want to have two unnecessary copies of the same quest code, unless they're notably different. That is because copied code is a pain to maintain.
If there are to be a male and female choice, it is better to handle that either by allowing 100% freedom in model selection OR the way @Grey Roger has handled it in his storyline.

As it is, Blaze actually IS still available as a pre-defined Free Play character, but without an (unfinished) storyline of his own.

But as there are plenty of male characters with storylines anyway, I think it is fine to have the Devlin storyline ONLY from Beatrice's perspective.
Certainly makes things simpler. :cheeky

And, just out of curiosity, who's storyline was that originally? Wasn't it Thomas the Terror's? :checklist
Tales of a Chevalier was indeed his. :yes

Back