• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Editing ships in blender / making CastelF captain's cabin accessible

wydiwyg

Landlubber
Hello everyone!

First of all: Thank you so much to all of the amazing modders, artists, walking encyclopedias and site staff who kept many of those old games and communities alive over the years, nay decades! It was great to remember one of those games you've played way back as a teen and see that people are still working on it to this day. :)

Now to the topic at hand:
I'm currently playing the PotC New Horizons mod and I've fallen in love with Rider88's CastelF (Castell Friedrichsburg) brigantine. There's just one tiny thing that is a little bit frustrating to me:

Unlike most other ships, it is so detailed that it has a visible captain's cabin that is nonetheless completely inaccessible. I'd love to be able to enter 1st person view, left-click and clip my way through the closed door and stay there, behind that lovely desk, for parts of my time at sea and "read charts" or something.

I tried to google and search-function my way to a solution myself, but as far as I could tell, Artess999's blender plugin still doesn't support those BSP walk meshes (?) on .gm import or export and I don't own Maya or have any experience with it whatsoever.
Which finally brings me to my question:

Is there a way to achieve this without Maya that I may have missed or would a kind soul with the tools and knowledge to do this be so kind as to make the cabin accessible for the player if that's a trivial thing at all?

Thank you in advance!

I tried to google and search-function my way to a solution myself, but as far as I could tell, Artess999's blender plugin still doesn't support those BSP walk meshes (?) on .gm import or export and I don't own Maya or have any experience with it whatsoever.
Correct, there is sadly no new tooling for this yet. So the old way is currently the only way.

I have never done this myself but maybe someone with more experience will be able to help.

I've started a little. Maybe it can work...
cabin.jpg

I'm sorry but it didn't. It wasn't possible to open the walk patch. (which needed a lot of work)

Last edited:
Oh wow, I figured it was long shot to ask in the first place, but it was worth a shot.

Maybe I'll try it myself someday then. If it's mostly just a matter of time, not skill, I should be able to get there at some point.

Thanks so much for the responses and for trying though!

Ok I'm trying again. On the seventh walk patch now and there's some new hope.
But still a lot of things to fix.

Back