• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Edited Black Pearl Textures and Wicked Wench with Gold Figure Head

pieloverdud

Landlubber
CursedPearldark.png
black lanterns.png
Black Pearl By Island.png
Wicked Wench.png
Untitled1.png
CursedPearlyep.png
CursedPearldark.png black lanterns.png Black Pearl By Island.png Wicked Wench.png Untitled1.png CursedPearlyep.png
The Wicked Wench had it's figurehead removed based on a book, but with Dead Men Tell No Tales having the figurehead on the Wicked Wench made me want a gold figure head.

I got this model from @The Nameless Pirate and renamed the Black Pearl Model as the Wicked Wench and tweaked the Textures. Here it is and the lanterns glow which is a plus.

I do not take credit for anything except editing the textures all other credit to the original creators. Here are pictures and I also included edited Black Pearl textures with blackened, but still transparent lanterns and grey with tints of red highlights and a red anchor for those who are interested. It is supposed to be a little bit more like the curse of the black pearl, cursed Black Pearl version. Most of the changes might not be noticeable from the picture.

I also included the regular Black Pearl model and texture with lanterns as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjqp4983xzyuk6h/POTC%20Models%20and%20Textures%20for%20the%20Pearl.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• CursedPearldark.png
    CursedPearldark.png
    711.3 KB · Views: 719
  • black lanterns.png
    black lanterns.png
    863.8 KB · Views: 17,150
  • Black Pearl By Island.png
    Black Pearl By Island.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,835
  • Wicked Wench.png
    Wicked Wench.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 2,184
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,001
  • CursedPearlyep.png
    CursedPearlyep.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 3,010
Nice, @pieloverdud!!!

Though, it should be noted that i didn't make the model from POTC New Horizons but, edited it in order to replace the Flying Dutchman and added lanterns.

From what i know, the original creator of the base model is @Kazeite.

Last edited:
Lanterns don't work in PoTC so the revised Black Pearl, cursed or otherwise, won't be much different to what we have now. (Unless you want them to always have their lanterns lit. xD) By coincidence, I re-watched the original film last night, plus I've been reviewing YouTube footage of the battle between the Black Pearl and HMS Interceptor. Only the metal parts of the anchor are red, probably rust rather than paint; the wooden part is similar to the rest of the ship. The figurehead should also be a bit darker and duller. So I'll copy the red anchor metal and darken the figurehead. The uncursed ship can stay as it is.

As for the Wicked Wench, there are some useful reference shots in this clip:
In particular, at 2:14 and 3:49, and to a lesser extent 1:13. It appears that the figurehead should be grey or silver - and so should the stern art. Mind you, the events concerning the Wicked Wench in the game bear no resemblance to events in "Dead Men Tell No Tales", so there's no particular reason that the ship model should bear any resemblance either. :D So, do we want gold stern art and figurehead to match, or silver/grey stern art and figurehead to match?

It appears that the figurehead should be grey or silver - and so should the stern art. Mind you, the events concerning the Wicked Wench in the game bear no resemblance to events in "Dead Men Tell No Tales", so there's no particular reason that the ship model should bear any resemblance either. :D So, do we want gold stern art and figurehead to match, or silver/grey stern art and figurehead to match?
We had a Wicked Wench long before the fifth PotC film was made.
Personally I kind-of object to the latest film as the prequel bit contradicts the second movie, plus our own ideas here were far better anyway.
So I'm inclined to feel more loyalty to our original version than to one from the latest film.

Gold it is, then. Though I am inclined to borrow one piece from the new film. Look again at 2:14, then polish up the metalwork a bit...
wickedwench1.jpg wickedwench2.jpg

Enclosed:
  • Revised Wicked Wench model as per the suggestion by @pieloverdud, namely changing "BlackPearl.gm" to use Wicked Wench textures. A bit harder for PoTC than for CoAS or later, as PoTC has only one unified folder for all ship textures. So Wicked Wench has differently named texture files from Black Pearl, and I had to hex-edit the model file to use the different texture file names.
  • Revised textures for the cursed Black Pearl (rusty anchor, darkened figurehead) and the Wicked Wench (gold figurehead, nameplate on stern).

Attachments

• Pearl_updates.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 502
I believe this is the file with working lanterns. I believe I uploaded the wrong black pearl model before.

Attachments

• BlackPearl (1).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 447
Back