• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dolly Parton turns Pirate!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]Now this is a story I never thought I would be reporting, Dolly Parton is turning Pirate!! Well, sorta... according to an article on the SunHerald website, Dolly Parton will be changing the theme of her dinner theater Dixie Stampede in Myrtle Beach South Carolina to a pirate themed dinner show! The new pirate show called "Pirates' Voyage" will set sail in June, 2011.

Pirates Overrun the Dixie Stampede and Set Sight on a New Pirates' Voyage in Myrtle Beach in 2011

After a 19-season run, Dolly Parton is changing the theme at her dinner theater from Dixie Stampede to Pirates' VoyageThe new adventure attraction features a buccaneer battle with a pirate feast and will receive over $11 million in production upgrades

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- In a dramatic change, Dolly Parton is hoisting the Jolly Roger and tilting her sails to the wind, matey! Pirates' Voyage is docking in Myrtle Beach! The spirit of Blackbeard and his buccaneers, Captain Kidd and Anne Bonnie sailing the coast of the Carolinas, comes to life in a new show opening in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in June of 2011.

Guests will experience the spirit and swashbuckling excitement of the pirates who called the Carolina coast home. The Crimson and Sapphire pirates battle each other on deck, in the water and in the sky above their full sized pirate ships in a 15-foot-deep indoor lagoon to the cheers and delight of their fans in the arena. Which side will take the treasure? It’s up to you to cheer them to victory!

“I’m so excited about this new show,” Dolly said. “I think Pirates' Voyage will take our guests’ breath away! The competition and action between the pirates is incredible.”

“Some folks may ask me why I would want to change Dixie Stampede after our incredible success all these years. Nearly seven million guests have enjoyed the show over the last 18, years,” Dolly said. “It may be a bold move but I think it’s the right one. Myrtle Beach has so many repeat visitors because it is such a great vacation destination, it made sense for us to create a new adventure for families to enjoy and what speaks to this area more than Pirates, so grab your hats and eye patches and head on over to the Pirates' Voyage!”

The article never says just what the treasure is, but I must say, even at 64, Dolly still fills out a pirate outfit rather nicely! :onya

You can read the full article HERE!

Back