• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

disc read error

Hey there. I've been having trouble with my game, too. I've had the disks for a while and they always worked, but now, no matter what I do, I can't seem to run the game.
When I use the cracked dvm.dll, it gives me this error which I have been spending about 4 hours trying to fix
---------------------------
start.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.
OK
When I mount the mds/mdf file, it asks me to insert the original disk, so that doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone got anymore tips for me?

I don't know if this is any help, but I often get the 'please insert original disk' error, and I've just ejected and re-inserted the disk, then let it run and once the default menu comes up I hit exit, then I run the Aop desktop Icon (which runs the executable directly) and it's been fine. Only reason I don't run directly from disk is I don't know if that may cause an issue with Gof which I'm currently running.

I know this thread is old but I'm quite desperate for a solution ... I dug up my aop2 from my old game collection and I'm anxious to play it again but it just doesn't seem to work (same problem als you guys)
Everytime I try to download the dvm.dll Stallion posted last year, I get a download error. When I try the file from GameCopyWorld I either get a downloaderror, either a broken file which is also pretty useless...

Can anyone help by posting a working link to get acces to this file, or tell me what I'm doing wrong while trying to download it?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Back