• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Different Shipyard Sale Prices for Naval Officers/Privateers

Are cannons excessively more expensive than the ships themselves then? :shock

If you have the flying dutchman with Max guns. The guns are about 35% of the sellprice (without cargo or upgrades)

You first have to buy those guns from Vanderdecken so that shouldn't be a common situation.

@Levis about this code:
Code:
int SellCannons(ref chr, int cq)
{
   ref char = GetCharacter(sti(chr.index));
   if (IsCompanion(chr)) char = GetMainCharacter();
   int nCannonType = GetCaracterShipCannonsType(chr);
   float Charmod = GetCharPriceMod(char, PRICE_TYPE_SELL, true);
   if(CheckAttribute(char, "professionalnavy") || HaveLetterOfMarque(GetCurrentLocationNation())) Charmod = 1.0; //Professional Navy and LoM sells for full price -Levis
   return 0 - makeint(GetCannonPrice(nCannonType) * Charmod * SHIPYARD_CANNON_SELL_MULT) * cq; // PB: Changed to prevent float operation from causing disrepancies in prices for batch transactions
}
Should that also contain the 25% only for Privateers and Navy Officers? Or is that taken care of later?

Also, consider replacing this:
Code:
HaveLetterOfMarque(GetCurrentLocationNation())
With:
Code:
HaveAnyLetterOfMarque()
Otherwise you could sell for FULL price at stores that aren't of your own nation. If that is possible, then you should get nation relation points REMOVED for doing that.
However, as per @Grey Roger's suggestion of last week, why not allow it, but with the same reduced price that you would get at your own shipyards.
That way it simulates sending the ships back to your own country without forcing you to make the trip back and forth every time yourself.

If I add the 25% there also it means you can also sell them for 25% while upgrading cannons etc. That's why it isn't added there.
I will replace the function.
Expect the files in half an hour or so.

I think this can be archived since it's done.
after 3.5 we will look at it again and see if we need to enhance it

I think this can be archived since it's done.
after 3.5 we will look at it again and see if we need to enhance it
Fine by me. Simple version for now: Privateers (characters with LoM) and Navy Officers get only 25% of the usual sale price.
One thing still to be added is a note in the governor dialog to let players know of this when they get a LoM.

EDIT: Reopened this point so we'll remember to add that explanatory note.
Additionally, this feature is truly BRAND NEW so some testing and feedback would certainly be required.

Last edited:
This has been in the game now for a while. Anyone got any comments on the reduced money you get from selling captured ships now?

And we still need to add that explanatory note. Probably some lines added to the governor dialog when you buy a LoM should suffice?

Also @Levis: Can you remind me of the exact percentages again? It was 25% for the player, 75% for the crown both for Privateers and Navy Officers, right?

@Pieter Boelen Navy players sell at an unmodded (so this should be the best prices you can get) 25% of the price.
When a ship has upgrades they will get the best price for the upgrades nothing is subtracted here. The same goes for the cargo onboard. Cannon price is not influenced at the moment I believe.

Unmodded as in 'skipping past skill modifiers', right?
Do they take into account how the ship was acquired? Normally that does also make a difference so you get less for pirated ships.

And it is the same for privateers, I think?

I'll try to remember to do this tonight. Only some dialog text is needed to explain things and that should complete this feature.

Has anyone seen this new dialog yet? Any comments, questions, suggestions?
This weekend I'll probably have time to make some further improvements, but that is very difficult to do without feedback.... :wp

Serves you right. What sort of pirate - er, privateer - are you that you pay for a ship? xD
:rofl

More seriously, I thought the game was capable of distinguishing between ships you bought, ships you captured under a LoM and ships you pirated. If so, why can't the 25% be applied only to ships captured under a LoM? (Possibly pirated ships too; the shipyard will want its cut of the proceeds, plus there's the trouble of disposing of a stolen ship.)
The game does indeed distinguish between ships you obtained in different ways.
Basically any ship you pirated already has a reduced sale price. That 75% reduction is on top of that, I think.
This could potentially get quite murky (I think it already is) with reductions being applied on top of reductions.

I'm also not sure what the game currently considers as "pirated", "captured" or "purchased" to determine those prices.
But I strongly suspect all that is NOT in line with my recent "Change in Nation Relations from Player Actions" rewrites.
Perhaps that should be modified so that it IS.

Then let's see about prices....

Privateer and Naval Officers:
- 10% on pirated ships (this should lose you your LoM/commission anyway, so probably doesn't apply)
- 25% on captured ships
- 75% on purchased ships (Privateers probably don't need to buy them, as you point out, and Navy Officers can't)

Pirates:
- 50% for any selling in pirate shipyards
- 75% if you are part of the Pirate Brotherhood (need to give players an incentive to join them)

Merchants/no loyalty:
- 10% on pirated ships
- 75% on captured ships
- 100% on purchased ships

All of the above to be affected by commerce skill modifiers and perks, of course.
With the exception of Privateer and Naval Officer; for them, it is a "fixed price".

Does any of that make sense? @Levis, I think means further rewrites?

Back