• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Dialogue error CoAS Quest.

Chicao

Landlubber
Hi. I'm stuck in the CoAS quest.
A characters had an error in the dialogue "can not open the file Quest\LostShipsCity\OreliBertin.c".
I had those files in game folder (OreliBertin.c and OreliBertin.h), but the game can't read it.

Hi. I'm stuck in the CoAS quest.
A characters had an error in the dialogue "can not open the file Quest\LostShipsCity\OreliBertin.c".
I had those files in game folder (OreliBertin.c and OreliBertin.h), but the game can't read it.
Welcome!

Ah, the buggy COAS, eh? This is why we use GOF2:yes, I highly recommend you download it, it removes all those annoying bugs and beefs up the game, at the expense of you having to delete the vanilla save.

But if you don't wish to restart with GOF, could you send the files here? I could try to see if it can be manually fixed.

Of course, we can ask the COAS expert here @Luke159 haha

Thanks!!!

I can restart (again:modding), but i'm always confused about the correct version of GOF.
There's some link to download GOF 2.0?

Thanks!!!

I can restart (again:modding), but i'm always confused about the correct version of GOF.
There's some link to download GOF 2.0?
Here it is: Mod Release - Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

If you don't want to restart you could try replacing only the files that don't work.
If it works good, if not then at least you tried. ;)

Might I suggest, after downloading GOF2.0, downloading the 2.5 mod patch as well? It prevents the game from constantly crashing and adds new features!
(as of now, I can't find the link but I can drop my file down below

Hi!!!

I talked to everyone in the city, these 2 characters had the bug. I didn't speak to the scuba suit owner, but at the last installation he was fine.
I play the game in the italian language, so if you see anything in italian is because of this.
You need the .h file too?

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• OreliBertin.c
    12.8 KB · Views: 164
  • RoyelHaag.c
    12 KB · Views: 171
Did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same problem in COAS with Orelie and with the Priest. I can't open the file.

Back