• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Debugger question - teleporting

Slorg

Landlubber
Hello!

Sorry for beginning with annoying you with questions, I hope it is not that hard frowned upon.

I've been playing vanilla COAS for quite some time. Before I go playing GOF mod, I want to tinker with vanilla game a little. You know, checking every location in game possible, trying to finish all quests etc!

So what I'm trying to do is to teleport my ship on the WorldMap to the south of Panama, so I could try seeing how things look there. Yeah I know, probably bugs, broken stuff, empty models and whatnot... But I'm just this type of guy that wants to see everything and check things like that "hmm, wonder if the authors actually modelled something on the other side" etc. :p

So, is there a way I could do it? Transport myself somehow there? I've checked all Debugger options after enabling it, but I can't see one.

I would be so grateful if you guys helped me sustain my curiosity! ^^

Thanks in advance folks!

You are welcome, friend.
So far I know there is only a possibility to jump through all taverns if you use a cheat.
To jump from tavern to tavern in a row you have to go to the PROGRAM-folder and look for the file „_mod_on_off“.
In this file go to line #define MOD_BETTATESTMODE and change it to „On“. Now you will be in DEV-Mode.
Ingame hit F11 and you get a screen with cheats. Use F8 to jump through the taverns, your vessel(s) follow(s) and will be in the respective port in front of the canons of the fort.
In hostile ports in the tavern nobody will attack, but outside you will be in large trouble.:cheeky
To leave the town then is up to you :checklist – good luck.

Damned - I've read too fast - it is no solution to reach Panama. Panama by ship is impossible I think.

Welcome aboard @Slorg! :cheers

Sorry for beginning with annoying you with questions, I hope it is not that hard frowned upon.
No need to be sorry, it is one of the reasons forums such as this exist. ;)

Damned - I've read too fast - it is no solution to reach Panama. Panama by ship is impossible I think.
That is what I think, and even if you do find a way to get there; there would only be empty sea.
Seeing as you can't normally go there.

I do remember trying to use 3D sailing to get to the other side, but it didn't work.
Once I went to the world map, and reentered the sea I was back to where the game lets you.
But I did see a ship there once, they there somehow stuck there.

You could open the 3D model files with http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/GM Viewer.zip and have a look at them that way?
That's probably easiest, I imagine...

Didn't think of it! Thank you :) Although textures are not visible, you can see the shape of things :D

You are welcome, friend.
So far I know there is only a possibility to jump through all taverns if you use a cheat.
To jump from tavern to tavern in a row you have to go to the PROGRAM-folder and look for the file „_mod_on_off“.
In this file go to line #define MOD_BETTATESTMODE and change it to „On“. Now you will be in DEV-Mode.
Ingame hit F11 and you get a screen with cheats. Use F8 to jump through the taverns, your vessel(s) follow(s) and will be in the respective port in front of the canons of the fort.
In hostile ports in the tavern nobody will attack, but outside you will be in large trouble.:cheeky
To leave the town then is up to you :checklist – good luck.

Aah yes, that is true. I used exactly what you told, until I teleported to Panama but "Open" option doesn't work, looks disabled.

So, a question here - is it possible to somehow reattach a proper script there? I know some basic, rudimentary coding stuff, well enough to be able to copypaste stuff from file1 to file2 tweaking it so it fits the scheme with changed variables and addresses and whatnot.

Welcome aboard @Slorg! :cheers

No need to be sorry, it is one of the reasons forums such as this exist. ;)

That is what I think, and even if you do find a way to get there; there would only be empty sea.
Seeing as you can't normally go there.

I do remember trying to use 3D sailing to get to the other side, but it didn't work.
Once I went to the world map, and reentered the sea I was back to where the game lets you.
But I did see a ship there once, they there somehow stuck there.
Thanks, and yeah, I suspect thigns will look weird ingame but that's honestly why I want to see it. I like checking every possible secret xD

Maybe there is an option to write some kind of script that I could attach to unused Debugger buttons (F22 IIRC - not sure if it's 22, but there are like 2-3 unassigned keys in there)? If I got pointed to a place where some teleport-script exists already, I can rework it to my needs :D

@Slorg
Generally to do something with Debuger-file is possible, I have done it for some of my officers to be invulnerable (exactly what you wrote by copypasting and changing part of existing text). But I think there exist no 3D-model for the south cost where Panama is located. So you have to build-up a 3D-model of the whole sea area by coding if I'm right.

Back