• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cursor keeps sliding off

xXSB101Xx

Landlubber
I've been playing a bit of the build mod, but I have a bug where the mouse cursor keeps sliding off every couple of seconds, and will keep on moving in that direction unless i move the mouse in another direction. This wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen to make it difficult to select menu options that can't be selected with the keyboard.

That doesn't sound like a common issue. :shock

You could set the game to Windows Vista service pack 2 compatibility mode (I think).
And use your desktop resolution with windowed mode.
See how that goes.

It stopped happening after setting it to just run in 640 x 480 screen resolution in the compatibility options

I'm also getting this issue.
With a 4K monitor, windows on 125% zoom so I had to set PotC to use the following (in order to fit on the screen)
screen_x = 3072
screen_y = 1728

I can fix it by using fullscreen mode and desktop resolution
screen_x = 3840
screen_y = 2160
But annoyingly this makes some parts of the UI smaller, as the resolution is higher.

Looks like it is just an issue running a 15 year old game on a modern PC and nothing to do with the build mod itself.

Addendum: windowed mode works fine if I set windows to 100% zoom and set the game to use the native resolution

Hi Pieter

I should have added that I did try that and it made no difference, seems to be related to the resolution vs the screen resolution only.

Hi Pieter

I should have added that I did try that and it made no difference, seems to be related to the resolution vs the screen resolution only.
Shame that didn't work. Don't know what other tricks you could try then... :oops:

Back