• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

One down. Nine to go. I guess I'm gonna have to accept them having square mouths unless I can figure something out.

Nene7UA.png

Can't get any useable images of the actual faces for the uncursed gun ports, so I'm improvising and using gargoyles as my models. Since that's what they remind me of.

Z38TZv9.jpg

zS1d0kF.jpg

nt6px6n.jpg

rM6btCY.jpg

X8k7EDW.jpg

lXjUctX.png

gEuGPfd.jpg

cXr5EyV.jpg

FQAmKI0.jpg

41wwe0U.jpg

d8huJs6.jpg

EQpkj03.jpg

qVttg54.jpg

lTVGQ78.jpg

One down. Nine to go.
Impressive!

But is it just me, or is the gold really VERY gold compared to the rest of the texture?
I suppose tweaking the colour balance can be done later, once you are further with this.
At the moment it is quite difficult to tell anyway. :doff

I guess I'm gonna have to accept them having square mouths unless I can figure something out.
Indeed, I'm afraid you're stuck there until somebody decides to tackle the remodeling required.
Recommandation: Maintain a list of "model change requests".

Can't get any useable images of the actual faces for the uncursed gun ports, so I'm improvising and using gargoyles as my models. Since that's what they remind me of.
I definitly see a human, lion and fish head there.

Impressive!

But is it just me, or is the gold really VERY gold compared to the rest of the texture?
I suppose tweaking the colour balance can be done later, once you are further with this.
At the moment it is quite difficult to tell anyway.

She's not finished. The colors will be adjusted further as I go along. This is mainly to give me a visual idea of what it will look like.

Don't forget though, the uncursed Dutchman is covered in gold. More of which, I'll be adding soon.

From bow to stern it seems to be Human - lion - fish 3x, then human.

latest

Credit: Flying Dutchman

Also just giving myself a rough idea of how the canon ports will appear. I plan on them looking much better on the final product.

The last texturing project I tackled of this magnitude took me a couple months to finish. So be patient. ;)

Play with the Empress, Queen Anne's Revenge, or the Black Pearl in game to see what I mean. Haha

I definitly see a human, lion and fish head there.

Trying to find the appropriate gargoyles to match is difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
You already HAVE come a long way. She looks decidedly more impressive already! :onya
Just compare to the first picture you posted yesterday: WIP - Cursed Flying Dutchman Project | Page 8 | PiratesAhoy!

Thank you. You're right. I made a decent dent in one day. I'm really putting everything I have into this. :dance
That's it for me for the night though. I'm tired and I have work in 7 hours. I'm really happy everyone is liking it so far. I'm hoping the 3D illusion is coming across.

Back