• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Curaçao woman in the cave

Ben Coats

Freebooter
well, well, i was on my way to do my first cave clearance on Curaçao as Nicholas Van Hoorton (however u spell his name) anyway right before i got to the entrance i met a woman in the jungle who tells me her friend has gone in the cave, so i go in and imedately jumped by 3 guys. i defeated them and ran thruout the cave looking for the woman isnt in there @ all, so now i cant advance and clear the skeletons then report back to the padre.
:nogood:thumbsdown2:boom:
start 2013-08-18 01-47-52-57.jpg

That's a random encounter, mate. There are 2 options:
1. She is in cave and tells you not to disturb her (you don't have to do anything then).
2. There are 3 thugs instead of her, kill them (same as above).
I see you had the second one and your church quest could have bugged, maybe reload a save from before or exit cave and enter it once again.
Hope this helps. Greetings. fjx
Nicholas Van Hoorton
It's Nicolaas van Hoorn.;)

found another bug, i was @ St. Martin, and was goin from the street merchants near the shipyard toward the one on the hill near the gov residence, and ran into the person "want to fatten up your purse" that you go to the cave/dungeon to fight, well i went there fought and defeated him. came back into town and sold what trinkets he had, then went to residence was not offered any missions from the gov' so i went to the church, was asked to "cleanse the cave" so i accepted, went back to the cave with my officers, but when i enter they dont follow and the orb to bring the skeletons dont work. i didnt run into the lady in the jungle who says her friend went in the cave............this is anoying!!! WTH?!
:nogood:thumbsdown2:wp

Your quest gets bugged every time you do something else in the cave (fight thugs/that guy), so my advice for you is not to accept such quest on certain island if you have done something in the cave before, just sail anywhere else and return later, maybe this will help you. And that person who wanted you to go to a cave and attacked you is part of the Austin quest, see here: https://sites.google.com/site/skodacoas/home/important-quests/austin-quest. Greetings. fjx
P.S. The link I gave you is from Skodarap's COAS Site, you can find nearly all walkthroughs for important and random queests in this game (not for random encounters like that woman though).

Back