• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved CTD

STARk7

Sailor
As soon as I load any of my last saves the game crashes

I can load a bit older save but when I quicksave and try to load that save the same problem occurs,When I try to save normally game crashes to desktop

I'm playing free-play

Any idea?

Have you recently installed any updates? Some of them make changes which can cause problems with savegames, although generally they have different version numbers and won't allow older savegames to be used.

Otherwise, delete the file "options" which you'll find in the top level of the game installation folder (not in "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE"). This sometimes gets corrupted and causes all sorts of weirdness. If you changed any preferences in the "Options" menu, you'll need to change them again.

When the game is working, typically right after I've done a full install from scratch, I'll run the game, set the preferences in the "Options" menu the way I want them, quit at once, then make a copy of the "options" file. After that, if things go wrong, I just delete the current "options", re-copy the copy, and rename the copied copy back to "options". That means I have a clean "options" file with all my preferences.

I actually do the same thing I have copy of options and I tried replacing it but same problem occurs

I already tried that and it didn't work.But I think I fixed it,I loaded a save when I was in town and I just spent the night in a tavern,started my trip again and everything works fine now

Thanks for the help :doff

Back