• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cross Of the Dutchman on Kickstarter

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
It's been a while since I posted any updates on Cross of The Dutchman, but I have been keeping an eye on the developments. For those of you not familiar with the upcomming game, I first about it last September. Remco from Triangle Studios has posted on the CoTD blog that they have started a Kickstarter campaign for Cross of the Dutchman. This will help raise some funds to continue development and will also help spread the word about CoTD.
The CoTD Kickstarter project offers several levels of support, starting from as little as $10 all the way up to $5000. Each contribution level comes with a reward, starting with having your name included in the credits of the game, and ranging all the way up to a full blown hand crafted sword designed by the people of Triangle Studios and branded with the mark of Cross of the Dutchman! This is a good way to get in early and order the game for a reduced price and help development of a game with great potential!
$10 - You will be supporting our cause, and help us finish this awesome project. Your name will be added to the credits of the game and you are rewarded the Ambassador status on the Cross of the Dutchman community.

$25 - You will receive a game license for Cross of the Dutchman, on top of that, you are invited to our closed Beta, allowing you to give feedback on the final steps in development of the game.

$50 - You will receive the Cross of the Dutchman novel! A book written by Frisian author Ate Grypstra. The novel is the perfect addition to the game and is available in Frisian, English and Dutch (price includes shipping, plus all of the above).

$100 - You will receive a kickstarter exclusive Cross of the Dutchman t-shirt You will also receive a DRM-free digital copy of the soundtrack of the game (plus all of the above, all sizes available).

$250 - You will receive a kickstarter exclusive poster designed by the Cross of the Dutchman team and printed on high quality paper (plus all of the above).

$500 - You are invited over to our headquarters in Leeuwarden to join us for a huge party at the official release of Cross of the Dutchman (plus all of the above).

$2500 - You, yes you, will be featured directly in our game. A non-player character (NPC) will be modelled after you, and dialog is added making you part of the story in Cross of the Dutchman (plus all of the above).

$5000 - As one of our elite supporters, you will receive a genuine handcrafted sword. This sword will be designed by the people of Triangle Studios and branded with the mark of Cross of the Dutchman, as well as your name or initials (plus all of the above).
You can find out a lot more about the Kickstarter campaign HERE and you can follow further CoTD developments on Triangle Studios web page HERE!

Attachments

• Cross_of_The_Dutchman.png
    Cross_of_The_Dutchman.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 18
At 5000 I would expect to be called a full blown investor. (ie. profit!)

But anyways, I read about it, but saw no pirates....did I miss them?

Cross ofthe Dutchman tells the story of Pier Gerlofs Donia, he was considered a pirate by some, and a hero and freedom fighter by others. He carried a massive sword and is said to have taken over 28 Dutch ships in one day with his band of raiders. This earned him the title Cross of the Dutchman! I posted the original story last year on the old front page.

Back