• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Crew members dont get firearms during boarding

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
During boarding my crew is not equipping firearms from the weapons locker there are 14 braces of pistols in there with plenty of ammunition and I have professional gunman ability. This problem occurred and was fixed once before. It may be back or I may be missing something.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port.rar
    598.3 KB · Views: 246
  • compile.log
    19.2 KB · Views: 238
  • error.log
    170 bytes · Views: 245
@Pieter Boelen you changed some things in the equip code during boarding right?

I have only been involved with equipping landcrew + got boarding crew to use their muskets. (which they had)

@Jason: If I recall, you reported this same bug in the past, but at the time nobody could seem to reproduce it.
Are you sure you have guns in the Weaponslocker?

Also, are there any ingame Options>Game Preferences or InternalSettings.h options that you change to something other than default?
It could be that non-default settings trigger bugs that don't occur on default settings.
For example, I know disabling the Ammo Mod causes some weirdness. And recently we also found an error with disabling Dynamic Interfaces.

@Pieter,

You are correct in the past I have reported problems with crew equipping firearms both during boarding and on land and both problems have been fixed and this function has been fine for me until this last version. I have uploaded a picture of my weapons locker showing the 20 pistols in there.

There is also a saved game in St Pierre port that will take you to boarding the Marauder so you see if this can be replicated.

I do make some adjustments in internal settings but nothing that would effect boarding unless I hit something by mistake. Stormy start, fast travel, gun dousing and the perk multiplier.

Just a thought, the recent fixes in the character interface wouldn't impact this would it?

Attachments

• Pistols.jpg
    Pistols.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 261
I do make some adjustments in internal settings but nothing that would effect boarding unless I hit something by mistake. Stormy start, fast travel, gun dousing and the perk multiplier.
Just to be absolutely certain, can you upload the file named "options" from your main game folder as well as PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h?
Then at least when somebody does have time to investigate this one, we can do it with exactly the same conditions that you have yourself.

Just a thought, the recent fixes in the character interface wouldn't impact this would it?
I don't see how it could. :no

Sure

Attachments

• InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 233
  • InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 218
  • options.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 224
Err, you said that you put 14 BRACES of pistols in the weapons locker. Your crew only equips single shot weapons and not a brace of pistols.

AH! That might indeed explain it. You need an Ability to use those and I don't know if or when your crew may get that ability.

Thanks for thinking of that, @Hylie Pistof! :onya

Ok, well this has worked with braces of pistols quite literally for years, asalong as the player had the requisite ability so my playing experience is not consistent with that assertion. My crew used these pistols in the 11/19 versions just fine so from my perspective something has changed.

That is news to me. I will load my weapons locker with pistol braces and see what happens.

Ok, well this has worked with braces of pistols quite literally for years, asalong as the player had the requisite ability so my playing experience is not consistent with that assertion. My crew used these pistols in the 11/19 versions just fine so from my perspective something has changed.
which ability do you need again for it?

Of course the ability assignments for ALL characters has been completely redone by @Levis.
So it isn't so surprising that it would be different....

How are skills and abilities chosen for player boarding crew now, I wonder?
Of course boarding crew for both player and enemies require some more tweaking anyway.

Of course the ability assignments for ALL characters has been completely redone by @Levis.
So it isn't so surprising that it would be different....

How are skills and abilities chosen for player boarding crew now, I wonder?
Of course boarding crew for both player and enemies require some more tweaking anyway.
For now they are using the same system as the other characters but i might need to change that so at least the gun abilities will be chosen first... Altough they should get gunman very quick. Normally it should be picked first or second.

These are the requirements for the different guns:
Code:
                if ( groupID == GUN_ITEM_TYPE )// must check requisits on guns
                {
                    if( !CheckAttribute(refItm,"chargeQ") ) { continue; }// invalid gun
                    if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >= 2 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"Gunman") )            { continue; }// no requisite
                    if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >= 4 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"GunProfessional") )    { continue; }// no requisite
                    if( sti(refItm.chargeQ) >= 6 && !IsCharacterPerkOn(chref,"GunFighter") )        { continue; }// no requisite
                }

But what "officer type" does the player crew get? And what level?
That would determine their skills, right?

@Jason could you go to leveling.c and set DEBUG_PERKSELECT to 2 (instead of 0)
And now do a boarding attempt.
Please post the compile.log file afterwards. then I can see if they are just missing the perk or if something else is going on.

Back