• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Crash when i go to world map

DimaLN

Landlubber
1. Build Version: Saturday 1st January 2022 Build 14
2. Hi there, i'm all time take a crash when i try go to world map
5. In freeplay

Attachments

• compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 54
  • system.log
    667 bytes · Views: 60
  • -=Pl3=- QuickSave 2.rar
    546.1 KB · Views: 45
Have you installed another mod onto the game, possibly from Russia?

system.log includes this:
Code:
Unable to open resource\sounds\VOICE\Russian\Eng_m_b_079.wav
That's because folder "RESOURCE\Sounds\VOICE\Russian" doesn't exist. A missing sound file isn't likely to crash the game. But if a Russian mod, or the incomplete Russian translation built into PoTC:NH, is asking for a more important file when trying to go to worldmap and that file doesn't exist, that could cause the crashes.

@DimaLN : I tried loading that savegame, and it does indeed crash when I try to go to worldmap.

Then I set the game to use Russian language, started a new FreePlay, chose a stormy start, boarded my ship and went to sea. I was then able to go to worldmap without any problems.

Though I was using Russian language and the text appeared in Russian, the officer's voice greeting was in English and "system.log" did not show any attempt to open any file in "RESOURCE\Sounds\VOICE\Russian".

@DimaLN : I tried loading that savegame, and it does indeed crash when I try to go to worldmap.

Then I set the game to use Russian language, started a new FreePlay, chose a stormy start, boarded my ship and went to sea. I was then able to go to worldmap without any problems.

Though I was using Russian language and the text appeared in Russian, the officer's voice greeting was in English and "system.log" did not show any attempt to open any file in "RESOURCE\Sounds\VOICE\Russian".
Well, i find reason of crash, it's because i change start year to 1500
I check if i change start year to 1600, game work too, i think you have crash in 1500-1600 year, anyway for me it 1500 year and now i go play, more year passed when i last time play at corsairs.
Sorry for bad english.

Last edited:
That is the "Early Explorers" period. And indeed, if I set the game to Russian and then start in "Early Explorers", going to worldmap does crash the game. However, in both English and Spanish, I can go to worldmap without crashing.

That would indicate that the problem is with the Russian language files. I will try to find what is missing or wrong.

Meanwhile, there is another minor problem in Russian which you may be able to fix! You may have noticed that some characters' names are in English. Character names are to be found in "PROGRAM\Characters\Characters_names.c". Russian versions are in "PROGRAM\Characters\Russian\Characters_names_ru.c". But if you look at "Characters_names_ru.c", you will see that a lot are in English. The file is plain text and you can edit it with Notepad, Wordpad, or any other text editor you prefer.

Your English is fine! I can understand it easily, and your English is a lot better than my Russian.

The file is plain text and you can edit it with Notepad, Wordpad, or any other text editor you prefe
I think, at free time i can do it. Anyway name or families at english not so big problem in comparison with the some dialogs at english. About
Have you installed another mod onto the game, possibly from Russia?
Yes, when i install mod at first time, i thought, new horizons without russian language and installed oldest translator to.

I've fixed it! The problem was indeed the Russian language files. Several places change names in "Early Explorers" and the different names weren't in the Russian text files. I've added the new place names, as well as some other lines which were missing. However, I can not read or write Russian. So all the new lines in these files are still in English. If you want, you can look through these files, find the lines which are in English, and translate them. If you then upload the fully translated versions, I can add them into the next update. The files both go into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\RUSSIAN".

Lines in "common.ini" look like this:
Code:
string = Martinique, "Ìàðòèíèêà"
string = Martinica,"Martinica"
The first word on each line (after the "=") is how the name appears in game code - do not translate that! The part in quotes should be the translated version.

Lines in "interface_strings.txt" look different:
Code:
Cayman Kai{Êàéìàí Êàé}
Rocky Cove{Rocky Cove}
Here it is the part in brackets which should be translated and the part outside the brackets must be left exactly as it is.

The new files do not fix your saved game. The worldmap has already been created with missing names and still crashes the game. But if you start a new game in "Early Explorers" period, it should work:
worldmap_russian_early2.jpg

We can continue talking about dialogs here:
Need Help - Updating the Russian Translation

Meanwhile, unless you find that the game still crashes when you go to worldmap after using the new files, this bug is fixed.

Attachments

• common.ini
    83.3 KB · Views: 51
  • interface_strings.txt
    123.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back