• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Court-Martial Trouble

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
During the land battles on Antigua, you go to the jungle with Sharpe, Quelp and some riflemen, to find the scouts dead. What happens next depends on what you say to Sharpe. One of the answers leads to you confronting Quelp on the beach, at which point he declares his loyalty to France and shoots Sharpe, you shoot him, then you get court-martialled and hung for shooting them both.

On the beach there's an error message:
"ERROR - Quest name Broken_QuestA NOT found in ANY function"

This doesn't seem to prevent things from going to their conclusion, and at the court-martial there's another error:
"ERROR - Missing Character ID: Rifleman Haggamn"

There's not much chance to grab a savegame and log files while all this is going on because it's all scripted without any input on your part. So the best I could do was a savegame just before you go to the jungle to find the dead scouts.

Attachments

• beach_error.jpg
    beach_error.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 291
  • haggamn_error.jpg
    haggamn_error.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 296
  • -=Player=- Antigua.7z
    503.9 KB · Views: 291
Do I understand correctly that the "Quelp killed" scene DOES actually work properly, but only shows a nonsensical error message?
In that case, I suggest making the following changes in the quests_reaction.c file:
Code:
/*
       Pchar.quest.Broken_QuestA.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_death";
       Pchar.quest.Broken_QuestA.win_condition.l1.character = "Lt. Uriah Quelp";
       Pchar.quest.Broken_QuestA.win_condition = "Broken_QuestA"; // PB: Does not exist
*/
       Pchar.quest.War_with_France.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.War_with_France.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.War_with_France.win_condition.l1.location = "Charlestown_port";
       Pchar.quest.War_with_France.win_condition = "War_with_France";
     break;
// if Hornblower gets either of the officers killed - quest over
     case "Broken_Quest":
       Pchar.Quest.War_with_France.over = "yes";
       //Pchar.Quest.Broken_QuestA.over = "yes"; // PB: Does not exist
This will just get rid of the irrelevant quest reference and prevent the error logs.

Haggamn is another spelling error and should be Haggman. Easily found and fixed.

Yes, the scene does work. Quelp shoots Sharpe, you shoot Quelp, the Earl of Edrington shows up and arrests you, then you face Pellew in the court-martial and end up hanging around.

Does that change work right away or would I need to replay the whole quest yet again to see what it does?

You'd have to replay from just before the "go_back_for_Pellew" where you are sent to Charlestown. Then it should work without error logs.

Back