• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Couple of newb questions.

Odieman

Powder Monkey
Firstly I guess I shhould say that I am totally new to AOP and COAS. I got the game today, And since I have played potc alot and thouroughly enjoyed the mod(s) for that I thought I might as well download and play COAS modded even without playing the original first, since I know its gonna be good mods coming from this site with all its talent.

So anyway heres my questions.

Ok so I basically got three questions.
1: Wich of the characters have storylines? And wich of them is total freeplay.

2: Are there tailor shops in this game/Mod?, if so do any of them contain the peter blood original model.

3: (If the answer to question 2 is yes, then ignore this question.) I would like to play as Peter Blood on my first playtrough, however altough the new model is nice, Id like to play with the original game model of him, however inacurate that may be. (Unless He changes to that one or a pirate like model during the course of the game). So if he doesnt change, is there anything I can do to revert his model back to the original?
And dont get me wrong I like the modded new model for him, Its just Id like to play as a more pirate like character.

Any answers on these, especially 2 and 3 would be great, and appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Firstly I guess I shhould say that I am totally new to AOP and COAS. I got the game today, And since I have played potc alot and thouroughly enjoyed the mod(s) for that I thought I might as well download and play COAS modded even without playing the original first, since I know its gonna be good mods coming from this site with all its talent.

So anyway heres my questions.

Ok so I basically got three questions.
1: Wich of the characters have storylines? And wich of them is total freeplay.

2: Are there tailor shops in this game/Mod?, if so do any of them contain the peter blood original model.

3: (If the answer to question 2 is yes, then ignore this question.) I would like to play as Peter Blood on my first playtrough, however altough the new model is nice, Id like to play with the original game model of him, however inacurate that may be. (Unless He changes to that one or a pirate like model during the course of the game). So if he doesnt change, is there anything I can do to revert his model back to the original?
And dont get me wrong I like the modded new model for him, Its just Id like to play as a more pirate like character.

Any answers on these, especially 2 and 3 would be great, and appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

1 - only Peter Blood got a storyline
2 - no taylor yet
3 - in HeroDescribe.txt

Change this line:
Code:
heroModel_1 {Blad_0,Blad_1,Blad_2,Blad_3,Blad_4,Blad_5,Blad_6,Blad_7,Blad_8}

to this:
Code:
heroModel_1 {Blood5,Blood5_Cirass,Blood5_Cirass1,Blood5_Cirass2,Blood5_Cirass3,Blood5,Blood5,Blood5}

Cheers, :cheers

Welcome to the COAS forums. :cheers

1. Blood is the only one with a story line but it's only in the begining, after you finish it, it's free play like every one else.

2.No.

3. Follow Estharos instructions and you'll have the old Peter back.

I have deleted the topic you placed in the POTC Build Mod section asking the same question about Blood

Yeah sorry about that. I thought that wasnt posted since I didnt find it in this section of the forums, but I guess that explains why I didnt find it here, so sorry.

And thanks guys really appreciate it.

I guess then that quests are to be found here and there in towns?

I captured the spanish ship in port btw with captain blood, does the story continue from there?

If not I think Ill just start one of the other characters as they start with a less good ship. Starting out with two great officers and a frigate isnt exactly my cup of tea. Better to start at the bottom and work oneself upwards :ixi .

Anyway thx again guys :cheers .

The quests in CoAS are all the same for every character except for the start of Captain Blood which is completely unique ;)

I did originally just move it to this forum but then I saw this topic and thought I would delete it for you :yes

Back