• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Copying ships to Pirates of the Caribbean

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
There are a few threads about copying ship models from PoTC. This one goes the other way. :rpirate

I'm trying to put the barkentine into PoTC. After converting all the "fal" locators to basic "rope" locators because PoTC doesn't recognise "fal", and then adding pennant locators (and resizing the flags), the ship now looks like this:
barkentine1_2.jpg barkentine_sunrise1.jpg barkentine_sunrise2.jpg
As you can see, there's an odd problem. The side which is facing towards the sun is in shadow; the side which is facing away from the sun is illuminated. How do I correct this?

Last edited:
As you can see, there's an odd problem. The side which is facing towards the sun is in shadow; the side which is facing away from the sun is illuminated. How do I correct this?
You don't; that's an error in the GM file itself and might appear exactly like that also in CoAS.
@Armada has occasionally corrected that by re-exporting the model using Maya.
But that isn't really a 5-minute job.... :unsure

Ah, the reverse lighting bug. As Pieter says, a re-export through Maya would fix it.

I could look into this if you really want, but I'm going on holiday this Saturday for a week, so it will have to wait until after 8th July.

No great rush. Although I don't have CoAS, I downloaded the GoF mod to see if there were any interesting ships, and this one looked interesting. It's not urgently needed for any quest purposes. So, if you can fix it, great, and in your own time. (The hull looks vaguely like that of the Heavy Barque, which already works fine, so failing all else I may try modifying the Barkentine texture map to fit onto the Heavy Barque, then copy the Barkentine's locators onto the Heavy Barque hull, copy all the Barkentine masts and reys over, and see if that mixture works.)

Back