• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Copies of ships from the Pirates of the Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
adding a new one does not make sense, since after editing everything is erased. =(
You can work around this in TOOL by using "Locators > Write to File" to save your changes from an old mast, and load them on a new mast with "Locators > Read from File".

Hello there.

WOW, the modifications you made to the ship make them look even more beautiful than they already were! Fantastic job. I really like How the Flying Dutchman turned out.

You said you want to make the ship more accurate to the film, well there is a problem. The Black Pearl went through some changes in the hull and rigging from Curse of the Black Pearl to Dead Man´s Chest.

The Dead Man´s Chest design stayed as the default design of the Pearl for the rest of the movies (Although Dead Men Tell no Tales has done a few additions and changes)

This Black Pearl model is also based on the DMC design (although it has a few inaccuracies), and the modifications you did to the rigging are based on the first movie, so technically you have a hull from movie 2-5 with rigging from movie 1.

To ilustrarte what I say, here are some pictures of DMC/AWE/OST Black Pearl. Notice the difference in the sail proportions:
latest
latest
latest

At the end, it is you who decide how to do your ships, but since you are aiming to film accuracy I would love to help other people with this matter since I am a sucker for Potc Ships.

My suggestion will be: Since there are different versions of the Black Pearl in the New Horizons mod I suggest making doing modification to two Pearls. Use the rigging you have done on the Cursed Pearl model from the New Horizons mod. The hull is still based on DMC/AWE/OST, so it´s inaccurate to the first movie, but it is supposed to represent the cursed pearl anyway, You can differentiate it from the other Pearl thanks to the pinkish color used on the figurehead and the "dirty" texture it has compared to the regular model.
-Cursed Pearl:
fullscreen-capture-11272011-74309-am-jpg.7663

And then make a rigging more accurate to films 2-4 for the regular Pearl model, which is the one you have used.
Regular Pearl:
fullscreen-capture-11272011-74414-am-jpg.7662

Now if anyone wants to make the cursed Pearl more accurate I could tell you the differences between it and the Pearl design from movies 2-5. As well as other details from the rest of the ships.
But I guess the PA modding team decided not to use different BP models so there is more consistency between them. Unlike in the movies in which the Pearl from movie one is different from Pearl from movie 2-4.

PD: I just realized that you are using Age of Pirates for testing you work, But I guess that if you managed to import than Dutchman it will be no difficult to import another Pearl model. Or maybe not?

Last edited:
Only possible fix: re-export from Maya.
That isn't going to be easy, I fear... :(

If someone wants to adapt the ships to PoTC, I'll see about adding them to the update archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back