• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Copies of ships from the Pirates of the Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I'm too busy working on New Horizons Remastered and my own Bellona model at the moment. :shrug

I'm not sure what you mean. There's a cursed Black Pearl already in the game. You command the ship, briefly, if you play the "Hoist The Colours" storyline because there's a short part in which you switch to playing as Barbossa. You can probably also get it by enabling cheatmode and playing a FreePlay game, in which case you can play with pretty well any ship you like. Or you can find Joshamee Gibbs, who will help you find Isla de Muerte. There you can find Vanderdecken's shipyard, and he will sell you all sorts of ships - for a price...

I want this pearl and how to install
b5cc1070c603.png
32708fc5e5d7.png

Last edited:
It's just occurred to me that this general "Ship Modeling" forum covers all "Seadogs" games, not just PoTC. @mkiller456, which game are you playing? If it's anything other than PoTC, that mod won't work.

Also:
That's not the cursed Black Pearl. This is the cursed version:
cursed_pearl.jpg
The difference is the vapour screen. PoTC has three variants of the Black Pearl: before being cursed, while cursed, and after the curse is lifted. (There's also the Wicked Wench, which is the ship before she was transformed into the Black Pearl.)

Or select Barbossa as your starting character in Free Play.
I tried that. You appear to get the cursed version when selecting the character, but it changes to the curse-lifted version with patched sails when you get to playing the game. Strangely enough, that only happens if you keep the default "Cursed" player type. I got that screenshot by choosing Barbossa and then changing to "Corsair" before starting the game.

It's just occurred to me that this general "Ship Modeling" forum covers all "Seadogs" games, not just PoTC. @mkiller456, which game are you playing?
Those screenshots posted by mkiller456 are from either AoP/SD:CT or AoP2/SD:CoAS.

The three versions in PotC do have subtly different hull textures, as well as different sails.
Those may all have been ported to CT/CoAS mods; I'm not sure.
Neither of those games, nor any mods for them have the "cursed vapour screen" though.

I tried that. You appear to get the cursed version when selecting the character, but it changes to the curse-lifted version with patched sails when you get to playing the game.
I forgot I did a ship-swap there. The reason was probably so that if you are "Cursed", you get a regular Pearl with the curse being applied through the game mechanics.
That way, if you manage to lift the curse, your ship will automatically get regular sails and no more "cursed vapour screen".
In other words: Without that ship-swap, you would never fully be able to lift the curse that you get stuck with.

I got that screenshot by choosing Barbossa and then changing to "Corsair" before starting the game.
That is indeed the best way to do it. You get the REAL "Cursed Pearl" without being stuck with the game mechanics of being cursed. :onya

Those screenshots posted by mkiller456 are from either AoP/SD:CT or AoP2/SD:CoAS.
And probably aren't from him playing the game, otherwise he wouldn't need to ask about how to get the ship. :D
I forgot I did a ship-swap there. The reason was probably so that if you are "Cursed", you get a regular Pearl with the curse being applied through the game mechanics.
That way, if you manage to lift the curse, your ship will automatically get regular sails and no more "cursed vapour screen".
In other words: Without that ship-swap, you would never fully be able to lift the curse that you get stuck with.
It swaps to "BlackPearl", which is the post-curse version with patched sails. Perhaps change it to "UncursedPearl", which is the pre-curse version with whole black sails?

It swaps to "BlackPearl", which is the post-curse version with patched sails. Perhaps change it to "UncursedPearl", which is the pre-curse version with whole black sails?
I thought it made sense that you would get patched sails when lifting the curse, after having torn sails before.
But I don't really mind either way. Whatever you and/or players prefer is fine by me. :doff

For PoTC, follow the instructions from @Jones. And then play the "Hoist the Colours" storyline - if you're a fan of the films then that's the storyline for you as it covers Captain Jack Sparrow's story up to and including the events of the first film.

For AoP2, see if you can find the "Gentlemen of Fortune" mod. This includes a version of the Black Pearl, though as @Pieter Boelen says, you won't get the vapour screen of the properly cursed ship.

As with the Black Pearl, it should be in the "Gentlemen of Fortune" mod for AoP2.

Predicting your next question, the Flying Dutchman is also in the same mod. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back