• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Commander : Conquest of the Americas

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft] Thanks to bumpkin and his forum post HERE, it looks like we have a new naval combat and trading game to look forward to! I missed this one completely when it was announced last week! :facepalm

Over at IGN, they have a full preview, including the video!

At the Paradox Interactive convention, Nitro Games highlighted their upcoming historical strategy title, Commander: Conquest of the Americas. A spiritual successor to East India Company, Commander takes many of the trading and wartime features from that game to provide new tactics for players trying to establish their mark on the New World. The game is set during the dawn of the 16th century, and lets you choose from six countries trying to stake a claim: Britain, France, Sweden, Spain, Portugal or the Netherlands.

While each country will initially start out based on their historical actions, the decisions made by each one will be randomized to encourage replayability. Furthermore, the territory each side will have to choose from is vast, as the game world will encompass everything from Hudson Bay down to South America. That should give any young colonial governor more than enough areas to conquer.

You can read the full preview HERE!

Looks like it could be good, but I think I'll reserve judgment until it comes out. EIC's still too fresh a memory. xD:

...it's been a slow news week, I had to post something! xD:

Nice find :yes

I hope this does well, it looks like it will be a full on game. Albeit a copy of SM's Colonization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-w3Ls_hPYc&feature=related

Back