• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Coding help!

For this code:

Code:
sld = GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter("Kahn", "off_spa_2", "man", "man", 12, PIRATE, -1, false));

What's the meaning of the number '-1' and the' false'?

Cheers, :cheers

Kahn = id
off_spa_2 = model
man (#1) = sex
man (#2) = animation
12 = rank
PIRATE = nation
-1 = lifeday (Im guessing how many days he stays there [if -1 FOR EVER])
false = equip (not sure what :shrug)

What's the difference between those 2 codes?

Code:
sld = characterFromId("Carlotta");

Code:
sld = &characters[GetCharacterIndex("Carlotta")];

Hi,

Code:
sld = characterFromId("Carlotta");<==  Here it shouldn't be a precise character, but for exemple "sailor_1", "pirat"...

Code:
sld = &characters[GetCharacterIndex("Carlotta")];<==  Here is the name  "Carlotta", "Blaze"... Or "Pchar+..."

Regards

I notice that there's some random character that spawn into differente house's, and it cause me problems. I'm trying to use a house for a quest and there's an npchar that spawn into the house in random and it spoile my quest. Is there a code that prevent that to happen. Basically telling the game to not spawn characters in that particular house or area?

There is in the Build Mod, not sure if this was made by one of our members or if it was done in the original game, I dont have access to my game at the moment so cant check

There is in the Build Mod, not sure if this was made by one of our members or if it was done in the original game, I dont have access to my game at the moment so cant check

When you found it, you wanna post the code, so I can check in COAS for a similar one.

Havnt had the chance to look yet Im afraid, Im actually having a playing day (after I finished my assignment :yes)

I manage to figure out , about changing models. Now I got a small problem, I make a character that fight with you and even if you kill him the guy keep on spawning once your back into that area. How can I avoid that?

I notice that there's some random character that spawn into differente house's, and it cause me problems. I'm trying to use a house for a quest and there's an npchar that spawn into the house in random and it spoile my quest. Is there a code that prevent that to happen. Basically telling the game to not spawn characters in that particular house or area?

Still need to know that one, if anyone can help.

Bump, still got no anser.

I finish Chapiter III of my storyline, starting Chapter IV. Thanks again for all the help you guys give me.

Is it possible to set a passenger as nofighter. I create an NPC that join you in your journey, the NPC is a navigator and I want to be able to assign him as navigator but want to restrain him to be assign as a fighter, is it possible?

Back