• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved COAS Will not open on Windows 10 :(

IanScott

Landlubber
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum! I'm having trouble starting my copy of COAS! I can install the game fine and have tried updating the Tages Drivers (Which seems to be ok)
Then I get the box that comes up saying initialising game etc, but it then stops and doesnt load anything :/

I've yet to get this working at all since I've purchased the game, and would love to get it working as I really enjoyed Caribbean Tales!

I'm doing a fresh install today and would be extremely grateful to anyone that can help me get from fresh install to running game!

Thanks in Advance!

Ian

Engine.ini cannot crash, because it is only a text file. o_O
And I think CoAS uses Game.exe instead of ENGINE.exe .

Can you enable error logging like this?
New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!
Note that this description applies to PotC, but it should apply to CoAS as well.
Then try to run the game and post the system.log, compile.log and possible error.log file here.

If you see a visible error message on the screen, post it here too.

Hi Pieter! Thanks for the reply! I've tried editing the files to get the error log, but nothing is appearing. So I have print screened the message for you that I am getting, maybe it is something i am doing wrong?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 418
Unfortunately the on-screen message might as well have said "something went wrong", as it is as vague as it gets.
Are you getting no .log files in your main game folder at all? If so, maybe it is the evil Windows Security Stupidity (WSS) at work once again.
You do use Windows 10 and have the game in Program Files, which is definitely a risky combination.

Try to uninstall the game completely, then reinstall to C:\Games\Age of Pirates 2 instead.
Then at least there will be a smaller risk of security stuff messing things up. :facepalm

I do Indeed! I'll try this now! Thnak you !

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-31_16-28-27.png
    upload_2016-8-31_16-28-27.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 360
Hi again! I've reinstalled it fresh in that location and I'm still getting the same error message but no logs :(

Without those logs, there are no further clues. So I know as much as you do. :shrug

Cool, Windows 10 recognizes DirectX9 after installation. :rofl
see picture above: upload_2016-8-31_16-28-27.png

Others try it to DirectX9. :thumbs1

@IanScott
Look at: Discussion in 'Storm Coding'
Age of Pirates II ... only for the orginal version .... from de Zee Roovers << german Team>>
Perhaps help it them.

Comment
Install the Game not on Partition C.
Windows 10 shall any modification the game prevent.

Last edited:
An alternative
We have just released a new version of AoP2 CoAS, in the german Forum.
Unfortunately, it is only in German. But it is stable and runs on Win XP, 7, 8.1 and 10 trouble-free.
The game has here Full HD Resolution, so their screen that can.
The game runs under DirectX 9 but it use the resources their OS to DirectX 11.

Back