• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Closefisted

Ben Coats

Freebooter
anyone know why this is happening??? i haven't done anything to warrant this.........
engine 2016-03-26 01-27-42-25.jpg

You forgot to pay your crew. In case you have enough money, it probably happened because the month ended when you were repairing your ship or something. On the ship screen, click debt and pay them.

i paid my crew, everytime they asked for it, as well as paid the officers....IDK what went wrong, but i can hire again now.:confused:

this will happen without any provocation especially on the 3 days before they ask you to pay for wages. usually around 30th, 1st, 2nd. i usually solve it by going to ship menu -> debt -> pay

I think that you are wrong.
It apperas if you have bad reputation and you are unknown - sailors are afraind to become your crew (close fisted = brutal, rough)
If you becaome honest captain (some quests) or like me well-known rascal you can recruit again.
Meanwhile you can only recruit sailors wandering the streets (light blue outfit with cutlas and bandana)

the definition of closefisted

It's always better to hire sailors you see in town. They are a bit more expensive, but they have high skills, and won't lower your crew's morale as can happen with sailors hired in a tavern. If you need a lot of sailors at once, for example if you've bought a large ship, sometimes you'll meet monks on the street who can bless your ship... for a price. This makes more sailors available in the tavern at the next island you visit.

Hook

Back