• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Closed Beta of Uncharted Waters Begins!

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/s128/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]Well, I have not been watching this much and it comes as a bit of a surprise the art direction of UCO. I was expecting some kitchy Japanese "Tales of Pirates" type theme (although the characters do have the anime look the boats are ok) but going by the intro video it's looking quite serious and dare I say...fun!?

Following the recent announcement at E3, that <Uncharted Waters[sup]TM[/sup] Online>(THE “UWO”) is finally coming to the West, publisher CJ Internet today, are excited to announce that the closed beta test site is open.

Participants will be able to download the game client from 20th of August and get ready for the closed beta test that will begin on Wednesday 25th August, and lasts through to Monday 6th September.

The closed beta test for <UWO> will offer participants the complete campaign. Users will get to travel from the tutorial, right the way up through the ranks and across the world.
There are vast areas to explore and conquer, coupled with game play elements and styles that come together to deliver a more realistic and compelling MMORPG experience that rewards players’ efforts.

During the closed beta test period, players will be able to register their interest to become an ‘<UWO> in-game supporter’, named by CJ Internet as Game Assistant (THE “GA”). GA will be able to moderate and manage discussions within CJ Internet’s <UWO> forum. Privileges and benefits for GA’s will be announced when the game enters open beta.
To date, Netmarble has been building relationships with the <UWO> community via Facebook and Twitter updates, as well as sharing the latest information on game play features.
CJ Internet has placed great emphasis on the importance of social media for <UWO> players in the West with the support of a dedicated community manager.

Fan sites, blogs sites and Wikipedia pages have already been set up following E3, ready to chart the voyage of this epic MMORPG.

For more information about Uncharted Waters[sup]TM[/sup] Online, and to sign up for the closed beta test visit: http://global.netmarble.com/uwo/

The preview trailer does look interesting, so I thought what the hell, and headed over to sign up for the closed beta. Big mistake!

To sign up for the beta, you have to have a Netmarble account, so I went ahead and created one. After my account was created, they forcibly gave me the option to install Netmarble Messenger. Just what I need, another useless program. Just out of morbid curiosity, I went ahead and installed it. After installation, Firefox crashed repeatedly, and I was never able to get the messenger plugin to work in Firefox. It does seem to work with IE though. It has since been forcibly and permanently removed from my system.

Apparently, the only way to have a chance of signing up for the beta is to promote the hell out of the game on Facbook and Twitter. This is one reason I refuse to even get involved in social networking sites, to each their own I suppose.

Is it really a good idea to promote your product by pissing potential customers off? I do hope their game development team is MUCH better at what they do than their marketing department is at advertising and writing Firefox plugins! :rolleyes:

The preview trailer does look interesting, so I thought what the hell, and headed over to sign up for the closed beta. Big mistake!

To sign up for the beta, you have to have a Netmarble account, so I went ahead and created one. After my account was created, they forcibly gave me the option to install Netmarble Messenger. Just what I need, another useless program. Just out of morbid curiosity, I went ahead and installed it. After installation, Firefox crashed repeatedly, and I was never able to get the messenger plugin to work in Firefox. It does seem to work with IE though. It has since been forcibly and permanently removed from my system.

Apparently, the only way to have a chance of signing up for the beta is to promote the hell out of the game on Facbook and Twitter. This is one reason I refuse to even get involved in social networking sites, to each their own I suppose.

Is it really a good idea to promote your product by pissing potential customers off? I do hope their game development team is MUCH better at what they do than their marketing department is at advertising and writing Firefox plugins! :rolleyes:

Yes! It is frustrating and damn bad promo, i also had the same problem with the plugin not being able to work without throwing up error compatible pops. But it has nothing to do with Firefox. Or, yes it cud be contributing to the problem. But the main problem is what i think Vista. Vista does it again, f8ck things up... The way to avoid having firefox crash on you is to not press the accept or the cancel butts. Just pres the X and u´ll be able to continue on as nothing wud´ave happened. Tried this and i cud download the client and install it effortless.

They really need to come up with a fix to this, more and more users will eventuelly give up trying to download and that way less players =/

Back