• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP City of Abandoned Ships: Historical Immersion-Gentlemen of Fortune Supermod

I just played it some more. All was well until I was looking at a merchants menu and the mouse went wonky. I had to turn the speed way down but when I got out of the menu it was fine again.

Then at sea I got into a battle and there were no problems at all in the battle, the boardings, or the rest of the voyage. I'm going to play POTC for a bit and see if this happens there.

I'm thinking either something you have installed or is running in the background or the drivers need updating for your mouse or its the game and/or mod.

Have you tried disabling the "Legacy USB Support" in the BIOS yet mate? The hiccups your experiencing sound a lot like USB port polling issues to me.

I played some POTC and the mouse is a little slower and a lot smoother there.

I will disable the legacy usb now.

Ok, I was holding back on the USB change waiting for some other feedback. The mouse is MUCH smoother now and the whole game runs better. :oops:

Now to see if it stops CTDing too.

I have never understood exactly why that legacy USB option is so prevalent and usually enabled by default. Supposedly, it makes USB mice appear as PS2 mice in older operating system that don't support or have issues with USB. Basically, it's for operating systems that haven't really been used for almost 20 years... :unsure :modding :rolleyes:

I really hope that takes care of your problems mate, if it doesn't, let me know and we will keep trying. I have had many, many issues with Legacy USB, it is an option that really needs to go away, it causes way more problems than it solves.

Nope. That did not fix it. The rhythmic hitch came back during a battle and then was everywhere. So...I dumped BitDefender and went back to AVG. Played a bit and it was smooth. More testing required! :ship

Ahhh, I hadn't even considered background programs yet, some anti-virus programs are just ridiculous system resource hogs, Kaspersky is the worst. Sometimes it is almost worse than actually getting a virus! I personally use AVG on Windows and have never had a performance issue. Looks like Luke had it nailed! :onya

Well, when I set sail it is possible to make the view spin wildly. Or not. Other than that it is smooth so far. This mouse uses standard windoze HID drivers so that is not the problem. Still testing.

Do you by any chance have a pad, joystick or wheel attached? if you do disconnect it/them and then play the game, problem should be fixed.

I have none of those things. Mouse and keyboard only. In my session just ended sailing was ok but the trading menus were VERY difficult to navigate with the cursor shooting all over the screen.

Since I do not have any problems in other games I am inclined to say there is something wrong with the way this game uses the mouse. There is also a lot of crackling in the music.

I have IoBit utilities and one of them is Turboboost. This works like Enditall to shut down background programs that might be hogging resources. So I turned it on and played a while.

It works. There is the occasional hitch accompanied by sound pops and crackles, but other than that this game is working like every other game.

Nice work bud, if it had been happening to me it would have also bugged me till I resolved it.:monkeydance

I wish........:rumgone

I just got done playing some GOF2 beta 1.4 and there is a world of difference from GOF2.5 supermod. There is something seriously wrong with GOF2.5 as far as the mouse is concerned and I just came across a workaround that makes it more or less playable. :shrug A coder needs to look into it to find the problem.

Ya know, in POTC there is just the one beta and everyone works on it as a team. COAS keeps getting fractured with everyone working on their own version. I wish there was a solution to this.

Ya know, in POTC there is just the one beta and everyone works on it as a team. COAS keeps getting fractured with everyone working on their own version. I wish there was a solution to this.
Agreed, agreed and agreed!!!!!

Still playing this version and the mouse problem is still there.

Methinks I have found another problem. No quest ships appear on the world map. I managed to progress in the Enchanted City quest to where I had to complete the Tenochtitlan quest. These are both quests that I could not do before.

Well, I completed Tenochtitlan! Now to find the brig "Queen". Not there. :keith I have also taken on some side quests like find the husband, or find the wife stuff and those ships are not appearing either. This is a major bug!

This is a shame because I like this version of GOF because it has 4 different music packs. Free choice is always better than being dictated to. It might be balanced differently too. Where is @Modder01 ?

I run GOF2 beta 1.4, and have only once had a quest ship show up on the world map. And even after I had completed that quest, I would still see that same ship in green from time to time. If I stop and chat with the guy, he thanks me again for helping with his family. o_O

In GOF2 beta 1.4 I saw many ships like that, but only one "stuck" like that for me. I don't remember if that one caused others to not work after, but I do remember ships with green, red, blue, and yellow sails. I have 5 ship quests running now and there are no ships besides national ships and pirates.

Last nite was very eventful. :nerbz

I have moved into swapping ships constantly mode, getting into fights and capturing ships just to see what they are like. :aar So I left port with three ships, got in a fight right away and captured two more. Five is the max allowed.

While sailing along I decided to do a close run past Nevis to work on my stealth and of course got intercepted. After we all got shot up I captured an English galleon, but had to scuttle my frigate to keep it.

Finally made it to our destination, Marigot, but immediately got intercepted by an English fleet of 3 brigs before I could drop anchor. That English galleon could only do 0.2-0.7 kts. The brigs did a run from the North to South firing all the way, then sailed on. But while this was happening here comes a Pirate brig from the South! It sailed right past the English brigs and boarded me. :duel: It turned out to be the brig "Queen", a quest ship.

So there I was with no crew left fighting skeletons.......:bird: But I survived and beat the Captain! That was one weird broad and I eventually let her go. start 2014-12-15 19-35-14-67.jpg start 2014-12-15 20-01-29-09.jpg But that also brought up another tuff choice. That brig did not have the cargo capacity for my cargo, so I had to scuttle it. :ko But a brig with 24-20s?

Back