• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help City and buildings

erissimaco

Powder Monkey
Hi everyone, I've noticed that citizens don't always have all the dialogue options for information on all buildings in the city. I thought that if a building was not in the dialogue options it would not be present in the city, but it is not. I have often discovered buildings, especially usurers, where I did not believe there were. If I remember correctly, some time ago I read a discussion where there was a list of the buildings in each city, but I can't find it. If there is still that discussion or others where you can find a list of cities with their respective buildings, it would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance:D
google translation

Citizen dialog needs reworking. A lot. So many people still talk about Baldewyn Coffier when they're asked for their opinion on the trader. They talk weird stuff about their island (population not always showing, every island is "there's not much else" and apparently Cartagena is an island too). Most of the citizen (and also shopkeeper, tavern keeper) dialog in "new" towns seems to be copied from the same stock game file, but in the stock game every town had a different dialogue. I notice this especially with the tavernkeepers, they all talk the same whereas in the stock game, every tavernkeeper was a little bit different (Antoine Lebretton even charges you money to talk to him).

Fixing this and using my imagination to make more distinctive people in each town would be my thing, but currently I'm busy playing three different campaigns (Gold Bug, Ardent, Free Play) and writing another one.:shrug

Thank you very much for your reply and clarification. Okay, then we'll just have to wait for the dialogue update. Nothing serious, we will pass the time by attacking some merchant ships.:piratesThanks and congratulations for your effort and work on this beautiful mod.:thumbs1

Here's a quick fix for the citizen dialogs for Cartagena and Havana. Before you install this, talk to a citizen in either Cartagena or Havana, ask about the colony, and try to then steer the dialog to the part about asking about people. You'll know when you've found the bit of dialog which caught my attention because you'll see a very odd question about the blacksmith. xD The attached files fix that and also stop the citizens of Cartagena from talking about their island.

Attachments

• PROGRAM.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 63
Back