• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Changing crew member appearance

TheGenericSmith

Landlubber
Is it possible to change the crew member appearance to that of a nation's soldiers? I know I can get soldiers as my crew members (on ship and for boarding) from being a naval officer, but can I have different looking crews as any other profession?

The boarder model code is a bit of a mess.
Have a look through InternalSettings.h and see if you can convince it to do something sensible.

What exactly would you like to tweak?
And what would you like to tweak it to?

Basically I want to be able to not be a naval officer but be able to have lets say British Soldiers as my crew whether I chose Britain at the beginning of the game or not.

Oh, that's not too difficult, if I recall.
Look at the JoinNavy function in NK.c .
There is a line in there that sets your boarding crew.
You can execute that separately using the console.

I found this string here

void JoinNavy(int iNation)
{
int i;
ref ch;
string model;
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();

if(iNation == PERSONAL_NATION)
{
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy");
return;
}

SetRelationsAsNation (iNation);
ReceiveLetterOfMarque(iNation);

if(iNation != PIRATE)
{
SetRank(pchar, iNation, 1);
pchar.professionalnavy = iNation;

pchar.boardingmodels = "Soldiers";
pchar.boardingmodels.nation = iNation;
for (i = 1; i <= 5; i++)
{
ch = CharacterFromID("Crewmember_0" + i);
model = GetRandomModelForTypeExSubCheck(true, "Soldiers", "man", iNation);
SetModelfromArray(ch, GetModelIndex(model));
}
for (i = 1; i <= 10; i++)
{
ch = CharacterFromID("Treas_Crewmember_" + i);
model = GetRandomModelForTypeExSubCheck(true, "Soldiers", "man", iNation);
SetModelfromArray(ch, GetModelIndex(model));
}
}
else
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy");
}

I am by no means a master of using the console, lets say I wanted to change boarding crew to the spanish soldiers, which lines would I copy in to the console?

pchar.boardingmodels = "Soldiers";
pchar.boardingmodels.nation = SPAIN;

Hello everybody....i hope you all doing well as you did for this amazing game!I am confused tho.....i tried doing all of this but my crew still has the same "regular" model....also i have this mod for quite a time now and two days ago my crew as Dave Jones storyline is normal instead of the fishylooking....the same goes with Ricardo orleana....any thoughts?

Can you upload "compile.log"? Then I can see which version of the game you are using.

You are using the not-so-final "Final" version. To get Davy Jones' crew, you'll need the update:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_1Jan_updates_210722.zip

Download that, unzip it, and copy it into place. Or just unzip it directly into the top level of your game installation folder. You will need to start a new game as it will no longer recognise any saved games.

Keep an eye on this thread:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 21st July 2022]
That is where new updates are announced.

Even in the update, Ricardo Orellana does not get special crew, he just gets a special ship.

Thank you!so i just copy it to the main folder,right?Also when i was playing the Ricardo Orellana his boarding crew was the white skeletons with red eyes..

Yes, you copy the whole lot into the main game installation folder. The folder structure of the update is the same as the game's structure, so everything should then go into its proper place.

Ricardo Orellana is the work of @GhostOfDeath91, so if Orellana's boarding models are set to anything special, it will be his doing. I don't think anything about Ricardo Orellana has changed in the update, so he should still have the same boarding models. But Davy Jones is also set to have special deck crew while Ricardo Orellana is not. (At least, not yet. @GhostOfDeath91: would you like me to try to make Ricardo Orellana's deck crew also use the "ghost" model?)

It works fine now....davy jones crew is the fishy one and everything else is now perfect....i really liked that you added more characters and the "second" Will Turner wearing the other clothes as captain of the Flying Dutchman!you are amazing!!!!I wish i could help you with the mod since i play that game at the age of 6 and you have done an amazing job but i dont know how...

Do you talk about the crew characters when we visit the deck of our ship? Yes I would love to have the skeletons here too. Does it affect those of other companion ships? And is it possible, to have the skeletons on the ship and to have classic soldiers in the cities taken for us? (I would like to incorporate my personal Inquisition soldiers that I had already featured earlier in my forum topic)

Hello!Yeah,when i was boarding and enemy ship the crew of Ricardo Orellana was a white skeleton with red dots in their eyes and a black coat but not anymore for a reason...when i took the aztec coins i had the same skeleton skin not the red coat with the hat

Hello!Yeah,when i was boarding and enemy ship the crew of Ricardo Orellana was a white skeleton with red dots in their eyes and a black coat but not anymore for a reason...when i took the aztec coins i had the same skeleton skin not the red coat with the hat
@Gre Roger, do you recall how the skeleton skins are assigned now?
I thought I had assigned the player look as the "Bilgemonkey" with red coat and hat.

Back