• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Castaway: what a nice challenge!

Before November 7, 1717, all people in the Caribbean thought that Cristopher Columbus was the only italian that also if has taken the wrong way have discovered something new and unexpected.

In this day, another Italian, Ambrosius Pellicano, a man without any real land or sea experience embarked as passenger into a Portuguese ship (because Portuguese, as all say, don't pay taxes!) ended into a Caribbean shore after a terrible storm, was became the second italian that discovered a new fascinating and savage world, becoming also the first Italo-American immigrant of all written history.

In this day start his own history.

Date: November, 7, 1717
Name: Ambrosius Pellicano, born in Milan, scholar, no experience at all.
Role: Castaway
Image: 9S_Pir ---> (Sooo Nice, one of my favoured, with the long coat and the serious face scholar-like. After all, very in line with the time, and the usual scholar stile of italians, adventurous but also very fond to discover and learning)

Last edited:
Just to clarify-- was this meant as a bit of interesting trivia, or a gameplay request? If it is trivia, The Burning Brig would be a better place for it. If it is a gameplay request, the amount of code required to make it work would be extraordinary, if the Storm 2 engine could handle it at all.

Well, there's been quite a few Italians in the Caribbean besides Columbus. First his brothers who joined him in his second voyage, and his son Diego, (although his mother was Portuguese and he was born in Portuguese soil) is actually in the mod as Spanish governor in the Early Explorers period. There wa also Amerigo Vespucci and others. For centuries most of Italy belonged to the Spanish monarchy so it wasn't such a rare thing for Italians to make it to the Americas.;)

Well, I will say something about all this new adventure.

1- I have taken my role and character history with my own mix of humour and gravity, then I have started to play, as usual, slowly, and this time from the scratch, that's mean all 1 in all the abilities: not a great start, and I think also a bit difficult.

2- I started to write also a lot of pages in the Journal, a thing that a lot of people, except hard roleplayers, miss. Damnit, the Personal Notes on Captain Journal are made for this, and I start to fill writing (in italian, but if you want I will find someone that will translate in regular English) more or less the best and important facts and adventures occurred to my nice Italian immigrant/sea Captain.
Of course, I don't write every time he go to the latrines or spit into the sea, but when sometimes happen, and seem worth to be noted, as any good Cap'n I write my own notes.

Ships: for now, I had 2: the first (Lifeboat) named 'Guscio di Noce' (Transl: Nut Shell) and now a Hoy (built: GB -design: Port.) named 'Croce del Sud' (Transl.: maybe Southern Cross, or Crux, like the constellation, yes).

Please, if you want the whole translation of my Captain Journal notes, tell me, and I will find someone for a readable and nice work.

Back