• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cartagena Firecracker Quest Bugs ( B14-3.4 ) Fixes

Code:
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Sebastian Ortega
Looks like the character isn't in the scene. But why, I do not know....

I know I made two locators files for the deckBig location. (deckBig_ld_x and deckBigB_ld) Did you check if the locators for Ortega exist?
About the Bartolomeu's weapons, it seems I need to remove the club pistol and the poison daggers and put back his previous weapons.:unsure

:aar

Just checked - the locators goto28 & goto40 are both there on the deck where you fight the Spanish soldiers.

goto 28 is also on the Mast (yardarm) so I don't know if that is a problem or not :shrug

:read

Are you saying there are TWO goto28 locators? And how many different locators are on the mast? Should be at least two, right?

There is a goto28 on the deck model where Bart's pirates and Spanish soldiers fight

there is also a got028 on the Mast model for the mast fight ( i am not sure if they are different models or if the mast is part of the deck model )

On the Mast there are the following Locators:

goto goto1 - where Bartolomeu is positioned

goto goto28

goto goto29

goto goto30

goto goto2

when Ortega is first generated on the ship deck he is supposed to appear at Goto28 then run to goto40 to jump to the Mast.

Player follows him to goto40 and jumps to the mast also

Ortega however never appears on the ship deck at goto28

:unsure

Is there are indeed two goto28 locators, I could imagine the game getting confused over that. :facepalm

If I remember, there is a goto 28 in each locator file :unsure (deckBig_ld_x and deckBigB_ld)

in case "ortega_duel" you must "kill" him to win the duel in the Townhall garden. Do you think there is a kind of resurrect problem with this character? :unsure

I checked the locator files (deckBig_ld_x and deckBigB_ld) in my December 31 update I have in my dropbox account and there is only ONE goto 28 in each file...

Can you post a link to that again? I think I'd better check if the ones in my game are the correct ones.

Here are the files. I think I didn't make a newer version of these files after this date of December 31. However, i need to check that when my computer is back home.

Attachments

• deckBig.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 260
I've checked the files in Bartolomeu's post - they have the same date and time stamps & are the same size as the files included in Beta 3-4.

It worked for me but I tested the quest after the duel and it seems Talisman is testing the whole quest...

I used the jump start at the beggining of the Bartolomeu story to play through the Cartegena quest ( started at Port Royale at end of Aztec treasure quest)

in case "ortega_duel" you must "kill" him to win the duel in the Townhall garden. Do you think there is a kind of resurrect problem with this character? :unsure

It might be this that is casing the problem
Perhaps the code could be changed so that it is similar to the code for when you knock out (kill) Charles Baxter in Charlestown in the Famous Pirate quest ? :shrug

Is there some code to restore a killed character - that I could use in the console to get past this break? :read

:cheers

Maybe that's confirmed, in Story.c for Sebastian Ortega we can find this:
Code:
LAi_NoRebirthEnable(ch);
maybe this line should be removed.
About console.c try this:
Code:
LAi_CharacterReincarnation(CharacterFromID("Sebastian Ortega"), true, false);

instead of true, false try true, true

Otherwise try the code in a save before the duel.:shrug

Except if Pieter finds another solution, the last option should be removing LAi_NoRebirthEnable(ch); from Story.c
I just don't know if you need to restart the entire Cartagena quest or just use F11 to update the Ortega data.

Unfortunately I won't be finding any solutions here any time soon. Don't have the time.

:ahoy

Well I have managed to get Emilio to appear in the Captains cabin & the dialog with him & Dierman and Queiroz all happens OK -- ( Elting is still not there though - he does not say anything so it does not break the quest)

What I did was to remove (comment out) this line of code

Code:
    case "cartagena_report2":
  SetCurrentTime(14.00, 0);
       LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Gregorio Montavez"), pchar, "", 1.0, 1.0);
      break;

case "end_report":
//  RestoreOfficers(pchar.id);       // <<<<---- TALISMAN - removing this line of code makes Emilio appear in CABIN ???
  DoQuestReloadToLocation("Cabin2", "rld", "loc6" ,"prepare_operation_fort");
     break;

case "prepare_operation_fort":
  ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elting"), "Cabin2", "rld", "aloc2");    
  ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Arie Dierman"), "Cabin2", "rld", "aloc5");
  ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Augusto Queiroz"), "Cabin2", "rld", "aloc1");
  ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Emilio Soares"), "Cabin2", "rld", "startloc");

LAi_SetActorType(pchar);
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze")].dialog.CurrentNode = "details_operation";
       LAi_ActorSelfDialog(pchar, "");  
     break;

So now the talk in the cabin is OK.
@Bartolomeu o Portugues: Does doing the above sound like a proper fix? Should I include that in the modpack?

:shrug

Except if Pieter finds another solution, the last option should be removing LAi_NoRebirthEnable(ch); from Story.c
I just don't know if you need to restart the entire Cartagena quest or just use F11 to update the Ortega data.

Tried removing LAi_NoRebirthEnable(ch); from Story.c for Ortega

Then going back to a Save before the duel in the Residence Garden and reinitalising (F11) .

Did not work :mad:

Will try the console code with a Save before the garden duel next.

:type1

F11 doesn't reinitialize the character array, so indeed that wouldn't do anything.

Executing this code through console should have the same effect though:
Code:
LAi_NoRebirthDisable(CharacterFromID("Sebastian Ortega"));
That is the opposite function of NoRebirthEnable.

Back