• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help capturing the Sea Wolf

Dan Shinnan

Landlubber
I'm roughly level 12 (if that matters?) have my sloop with 81 crew. some decent fighters with me too. I spot the Sea Wolf, charge her and board immediately. I'm on the easiest difficulty as well. I lose every time, very quickly too. the crew of the Sea Wolf just overwhelms me and my crew in 30 seconds.

*I tried fighting the Sea Wolf at sea, she blasts me apart and kills most of my crew before I can board. rushing is the only way I can get my max crew to board.

Why is this quest *so* hard?

I'm roughly level 12 (if that matters?) have my sloop with 81 crew. some decent fighters with me too. I spot the Sea Wolf, charge her and board immediately. I'm on the easiest difficulty as well. I lose every time, very quickly too. the crew of the Sea Wolf just overwhelms me and my crew in 30 seconds.

*I tried fighting the Sea Wolf at sea, she blasts me apart and kills most of my crew before I can board. rushing is the only way I can get my max crew to board.

Why is this quest *so* hard?
Rushing on board immediately isn't a good idea, neither is taking too long to board. Use grapeshot and keep firing at her stern very closely (the closer the more dmg dealt to the crew) where she's can't hit you that much. Then you board her. Now during the boarding try to fight with your crew to ensure that they survive (I admit the crew of the Sea Wolf are really trained).

You're joking or something right? You literally cannot ever be behind the Seawolf, she simply turns (quite well too) and never presents her stern. Like I said, ive tried fighting the Sea Wolf: she has 22 guns, it doesnt take long before i'm down to half my crew she still has maybe 90%. Since you have to fight the sea wolf using a lugger or sloop, I'm just sure how anyone has done this. (im using GoF 2.1.5, maybe its a bug?)

You're joking or something right? You literally cannot ever be behind the Seawolf, she simply turns (quite well too) and never presents her stern. Like I said, ive tried fighting the Sea Wolf: she has 22 guns, it doesnt take long before i'm down to half my crew she still has maybe 90%. Since you have to fight the sea wolf using a lugger or sloop, I'm just sure how anyone has done this. (im using GoF 2.1.5, maybe its a bug?)
I assure you it's not bug.. If you aren't faster than the Sea Wolf, you gotta make it slower. Use chainshots. Worst come to worst, you just gotta solo the boarding party your self. Wedge your self in a corner where you can only fight one crewmember at a time, stock up with medicines if you have to.

Back