• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captain Kaon

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Kaon Logo.png

Captain Kaon – Thrust-inspired twin-stick shooter with ‘50s sci-fi style

I’m James Buckle and I’m announcing my first game, “Captain Kaon”, which has just been submitted to Greenlight. It’s a 2d twin-stick shooter inspired by the classics Thrust, Gravitar and Lunar-lander. The player pilots a ship through caves, dogfighting enemy drones, completeing different missions such as destroying bases, capturing enemy leaders, and gathering intel.

You play as Captain Kaon, a young gunship pilot who defends the Earth from the perils of space, such as Sigma, the strange force that has seized Ceres. Or the crazed Doctor Quantex and his brain-drones. Missions are grouped into stories, each with its own plot and bad guy.

The gameplay follows the classic Thrust template, but with modern features added. It’s a 2d game where you fly against the force of gravity and blast through caves and tunnels. There are drones, tanks, and robots to fight. Puzzles to figure out. Marines and gun turrets to deploy. Data chips to steal and return with.

Features
- Pixel art in the style of the Commodore Amiga.
- ‘50’s sci-fi inspired stories and art style.
- Challenge Mode for endless shooty fun.
Platform: PC, Android, iPhone
Release Date: Early-Mid 2016
Price: TBD
Weblinks: EngagePixel, Steam Greenlight, IndieDB

MM_19349_21.png MM_19349_24.png MM_19349_29.png MM_19349_61.png MM_115658_55.png MM_181159_16.png MM_181159_129.png MM_181159_133.png

Back