• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Can't write posts

Ahhh... I just found this changelog for the latest Xenforo version (1.2.2).
Note this particular fix:
Fixes and improved compatibility for IE11 (particularly in the editor)
We're still on forum version 1.2.0, I think. Any chance you guys were using IE11?

Any chance you guys were using IE11?
I've got a new computer with windows 8 which was updated recently to 8.1. There was something about IE
which I didn't understand so it's possible...:confused:

That would explain it then, since the 8.1 update included IE11. I was using Chrome anyway, so I didn't notice the issues when I upgraded.
I'll ask Keith to update the forum version so others can hopefully avoid this problem.

Methinks this is a hit or miss site specific issue. I am on Firefox and almost never have problems while my wife has problems with business sites and has to use IE. At some sites she can't even use her IMac.

Pirates Ahoy! must recommend Google Chrome then. :D:p
Or anything but IE, at least... but that goes without saying. ;)

Keith is aware of this problem and will hopefully upgrade the forum version soon.

wow, I could not write then either, hope this works.

Update all done :) probably a few niggly things that need patching up though.

Thanks, Keith!

Can anyone with the latest IE version confirm that they can now post again without issues?

Looks like the problem returns. Check modernknightone's status update.

I assume he's experiencing the same problem as Pieter and SeaNorris are, which appears to be Firefox-specific. The forum is still working fine on IE and Chrome.

It happened to me last week. The forum went back to its default settings and there were no boxes to post into. I cleared the browser cache and all has been well. Firefox here.

Indeed clearing the Firefox cache appears to have fixed it. Thanks, Hylie! I learned something new again. :cheers

Has anyone else experienced the website problem earlier today? I couldn't get to PA for many hours! :modding
Oh my god! I thought I was banned there for sometime! :facepalm Eeeeesh!:boom:

Back