• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cant upload .rar files

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
Today I tried several times but could not able to upload .rar files.

Sometimes its says file not selected or if selected than doing nothing. Only uploading bar shows up right corner. Nothing else...
File is less than 10 MB.

I've a vague memory that someone reported a similar problem and an even vaguer memory that renaming the file might have helped. What is the name of the .rar file you're trying to upload?

I didn't mean that you should rename the original file, only that you should rename the zipped version. ;) If you zip "-=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica", you'll end up with "-=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica.zip". (Or "-=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica.rar".) If I remember correctly, renaming the zip to remove the "-=" and "=-" allows the zipped file to be uploaded. The contents of the zip should then still have the original file name.

I just double-checked the Admin Control Panel and the .rar extension IS supported on the forum.
It must've been what @Grey Roger said then; something incompatible in the filename.
Glad to hear you got it sorted now. :doff

Back