• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Can't multi-quote

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
When i try to use the quote feature and insert quotes, i get this error:

error-png.34570

I never even use that.
Is it useful?
Some times yes but, i just realized that the reply button does the same thing :facepalm since it quotes the message an you can have more than one at a time and i don't get the error with this button.

So maybe since you don't get directed to your message when choosing a post to quote other than that it's the same thing.

Concluding, not much is lost.

I am on a different PC and multi-quote works. :shrug

Anyway it's not a big problem, if no solution is found, then no big deal. :)

I've encountered this as well and can confirm. It happens when a quote is left in memory/cookies, and when something happens to the cookies that doesn't allow the board to retrieve the quote later, I think. Subsequently trying to use the multi-quote feature ends up in that message.

If there was a way to force-empty the stored quotes in memory, that may be a good solution/workaround for this. But as it is, once you get that error, you need to empty your browser's cache, delete the cookies, and restart the browser in order to get the multi-quote feature working again -- which is a bit inconvenient...

Is it useful?
Before I discovered that I can highlight text segments with the mouse and hit "reply" on them to directly reference/quote them, I was using the multi-quote feature extensively to answer multiple posts/topics collectively, in one post. Hitting the "quote/reply" at the bottom of a read post is part of standard forum controls and the default user expectation. But here the "quote" and "reply" button/link seem to do the exact same thing (minus the memory basket), because of the quick-reply feature. Usually "reply" would take the user to a dedicated page to answer only that post, and "quote" would do what "reply" does here.

Last edited:
So basically... It is useful given ordinary forum functionality.
But this forum works slightly different so there are perfectly fine workarounds available.
Only... users may not realise this as they don't expect it. :facepalm

Back