• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can't find Gibbs.

WeekendWarrior

The Jester
Quest Writer
Hearts of Oak Donator
Alright, i meant to ask this before but was postponing it with the hope that he will eventually show up but where is Gibbs?
I've been loading a previous save everytime i find an Aztec Coin but now that i have one and proceeded with the game i want to lift (it haven't took effect yet, though) it. And i wanna test that Blackbeard thingy also so bad, i can't find Gibbs therefore the Isla de Muerta.

Indeed he is deliberately not there in the Bartolomeu storyline, because the story itself makes use of Isla de Muerta as well.
So if you follow the story, you will eventually get there.

However, the curse is also NOT in effect in the Bartolomeu storyline.
Therefore you should have no adverse effects from it either and you can sell your coins just fine.

:modding

You are right - Mr Gibbs does not appear in the Bartolomeu Storyline :modding - he was removed.

-- this is because in the story you are actually sent to the Isle de Meurta towards the end of the Battle of Aguadilla section, of the story.

So I don't know how you get rid of the cursed coins in this story. :shrug

Perhaps @Pieter Boelen or @Bartolomeu o Portugues can tell you.

Sorry

:walkplank

Check my previous post. The coins aren't cursed in the Bartolomeu storyline. ;)

Oh, ok. Thank you @Talisman and @Pieter Boelen . Thank you both. It's good to know that there won't be any side effects.

But the coins must be cursed all the same at this storyline too, don't you think?
I mean, yeah we see Hector Barbossa as a shorty at the beginning. It kinda gives you the feeling that the recents events that are happening are long before the other storylines. But the curse of the Aztec Gold have to be still existing back then.
Maybe Bartolomeu could find the chest itself elsewhere and bring it himself to the Isla de Muerta? And the Aztec Coins are can't be randomly generated at the chests?

The curse not being in effect is purely for gameplay purposes to prevent the issue you feared here.
Since Isla de Muerta is used in the storyline, you cannot go there straight away.
But you could get cursed straight away if that were in effect, which would be definitely more evil than it is intended to be.

So simple solution: No curse from random coins.
You can still get yourself cursed on purpose later on by taking the coins from the chest once the story leads you to the island.

Yes, @Pieter Boelen , and you guys did a good thing there.
Mine was just a suggestion, to improve the storyline.
Anyway, thanks again. I'll get back to the game.

But the coins must be cursed all the same at this storyline too, don't you think?
I mean, yeah we see Hector Barbossa as a shorty at the beginning. It kinda gives you the feeling that the recents events that are happening are long before the other storylines. But the curse of the Aztec Gold have to be still existing back then.
Maybe Bartolomeu could find the chest itself elsewhere and bring it himself to the Isla de Muerta? And the Aztec Coins are can't be randomly generated at the chests?
^ Storyline suggestion @Bartolomeu o Portugues if you want it. :doff

Back