• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't find Edward Low and his SeaWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt. Solo

Landlubber
Hey there,

Can you tell me exactly where to find Edward Low?
I have a sloop which I upgraded in Bermuda, I have a spanish trade license and fly the spanish colours (I'm English and already got the English patent). All the relevant quest logs are there.. the last one is, that Low attacks only small ships etc....
I tried numerous times to find him! I entered seamode right in front of cumana and sailed for two hours (in rl!!) but he can nowhere be found.
I dont even get the new log entry when entering seamode near cumana. In other posts everyone tells they got a logbook update about "now you can start searching for him" or something like that!! What does his ship look like (orange or green sails? or is it just a pirate on the world map?) Is it possible that this quest is timed? I accepted the quest to kill Edward Low but then I went to COAS first. When I was done with COAS I sailed to Le Francoise to start my search for Low! Is this quest now broken? Cause if it is, I can't do business with the english general governor neither, as he refuses to work with someone who has close ties with the brotherhood of the coast!

Thanks for your answers!!

Go to cumana and ask about him in tavern if i'm not wrong then after someone tells you about pirate attacking ships you have to go out from Cumana and go to the 3D map and then enter seamode again and look for him with your spyglas cause sometimes he appears very far from You.

Thanks for your answers
but thats everything I did already. As I said, the tavern owner in Cumana tells you, after paying 1000 piasters, about the pirate who only attacks small ships. But you dont have to go to cumana tavern owner for this. I found out u can also ask the bermuda (or any other) tavern owner about news and he will tell you the same. I already have a 6 class sloop but I'm just not able to find that son of a mother :modding I dont even get the log entry when entering seamode near cumana. Some people in this forum said, that after u got the news that a pirate is attacking small class ships (either from cumana tavern owner or any other) you got to enter seamode near cumana and then ur logbook would update to something like this: "Now we're in the waters near cumana and can search for Low and his SeaWolf" and then he appears when sailing on the coast line next to cumana. But thats just not working for me. I dont have any clue what I could have done wrong and I really really wanna finish the pirate quest line or at least reach the point where I can start working for my english general governor. I dont want to start a new game for this and I also dont want to start my savegame before entering coas (cause that was a friggin hard quest to do and I was glad that I finished it)
So is there maybe any way to, lets say, fix something in the game data (I dont have any experience with this) that triggers the appearence of Ed Low's SeaWolf on the seamode near cumana? If so, then I could finally end this quest!!! Please please tell everything u know or what I might have done wrong! This game is awesome but the bugs keep getting me so frustrated :modding
Many Thanks in advance.
Cpt. Solo

Thanks,
I will try and do this when I find the time.
But I'm still curious why I dont get the Logbook Update when entering sailmode. I will let you know if I found him but Im not that optimistic about that. :shrug
stupid bugs

Thanks,
I will try and do this when I find the time.
But I'm still curious why I dont get the Logbook Update when entering sailmode. I will let you know if I found him but Im not that optimistic about that. :shrug
stupid bugs
I do not think there's a bug.
Go to the pier and climb onto the ship (class 6, only 1 ship), with the option "Navigate to" see the icon of the Sea Wolf, and see the "V" red in the direction of the ship (distant area) navigate quickly in that direction.
It is often behind a headland on the right or left.

Yeah but thats the problem: I do exactly everything you guys told me but still the seawolf isnt even in the "sail to" command line! He is just not there.
I dont know what I can do to trigger that event. I cant see him through the spyglass, he is not in the "sail to" and I already tried multiple ways:
Once I sailed directly in the port of cumana, asked the tavern owner about any news, then got the questlog update about that there is a pirate and I should use a 6 class ship (which I already have), then I went to my ship and sailed in seamode half an hour straight to east, then another half hour in the opposite direction but I never get the new log entry that I can begin my search and he just wont appear in the sail to menu.
The other way I tried was: First spoke to Shipyard master on Bermuda to learn thats his ship which was stolen (or Jackman's ship to be precise) then talked to Jackman who told me that he would also grant me a reward for telling Ed Low that it was him who send me to kill Ed, and then I went again to the tavern owner to hear the story about a pirate in the area of cumana who is attacking sloops and lugger and so on. So I already have the log entry when reaching cumana. So I'm switching into seamode a little bit east from cumana and sail again for a very long time in the whole area, but the same thing: he just wont show up!! And as I already said: I learned from some posts on this forum that by the time you arrive at the cumana area (dont know if already in mapmode or just when you switch to seamode) you SHOULD get a new log entry which should tell you something about "Lets start our search" Dont know the exact words cause I never get this message. And thats the point where you SHOULD be able to spot the guy either in the sail to menu or just by seeing him on the sea. But I dont get this far.
So please dont let me down here, I'll try everything you propose!! Thanks again for your answers so far!

I go in order.
1) In Port de France, the port captain sends you to Bermuda
2) In Bermuda talking with the barman, then with the foreman, then with Jackman and then again with the barman, indicating Goodley sitting at the next table; Goodley sends you to Cumana.
3) On the way to capture a ship any, in Cumana on exchange ships, park your main ship, and in the shipyard buy a fast lugger, then talk to barman, go to the port with only lugger and sails; with the command "Navigate To" see the icon of Sea Wolf, and see the red "V" of his position in the Sea.

OK Thanks again :onya
I will try that out tomorrow and tell you if it worked! Perhaps my game didnt recognize that I already had a 6 class sloop, so I will travel to Cumana with my dog of war instead of my "Bermuda Custom Made Sloop" and buy me another 6 class sloop or lugger there and park the dog of war. Unfortunetly I cant try that today cause I only have my Laptop with which I cant play any games. Tomorrow I can use my brothers pc again.
Thanks again!! This should better work or my brothers keyboard has to suffer the consequences :whipa ;)
See you mateys tomorrow :cheers

??? :shrug ???
Dog of War: ship of City of abandoned ships? Is corvette, cl. 3: no good :no
"Bermuda Custom Made Sloop" is sloop (! :rolleyes: ! ), cl. 6: is good for battle with Low. :onya
But do as you wish ...

Yeah I know :rolleyes:
But as I said perhaps my game didnt recognize that my upgraded sloop is really a 6 class sloop, so what I do now is to take my corvette dog of war instead to cumana and park it there in the port and buy a lugger or a sloop there. perhaps this will trigger the appearence of the seawolf
greetings
Cpt. Solo

Damn,
I just tried and it still doesnt work :modding
Is there anything I could change in the game data to make the game think that I already did the quest? Or is there a possibility to make the seawolf spawn near cumana by changing something in the game data? Perhaps the quest is messed up because of my trip to the city of abandoned ships before I went to le francoise to start my search for ed low?

ahoy pplz.. i have been surfing tis forum for a few days since i played COAS.. love the game..i sacrifice my sleep time for it..hahaha anywayz i juz joined today...

basically i have the same problem as cpt solo there... been sailing around cumana for hours n hours..but still cant find him.. even trying to find pirates on the world map hoping its him.. after the logbook told me that i need to buy a lugger or a sloop n be the bait n wait for edward on cumana waters..am i suppose to get another logbook update when i enter cumana sea? i think i've tried all of the suggestion been given in this topic n the forum..n still coudnt find his ship.. is i because of the mod? im using the COAS combined MOD version 2..hope not..kinda like tat mod... thx in advance...

:gday
Yep thats exactlly what Im experiencing :shrug
About the logbook update: I read it here http://forum.piratesahoy.net//how-to-start-morgans-quest-line-t13967.html/page__p__343401__hl__sea%20wolf__fromsearch__1&#entry343401
and also found it in another forum . It should say something about "you can start your search now" (as far as I understood)

Im sick of this quest now anyways so I just went back to Morgan and told him I wasnt able to kill Ed. He then told me I can come back later and maybe he has another task for me. I waited nearly a month and went back to him and voila: he gave me the pearl divers quest. I hope I can continue the pirates quests now without any complications. If you (Barti) find a way to find/kill Low I would appreciate if you let me know cause I nearly smashed the keyboard into the monitor by waiting for that stupid sea wolf :ixi

Anyway, thank you all for your engagement and for your help!!! :bow

hahaha i have very little patience left now.. stuck wif this quest since yesterday.. i do think of doing wat u r doing now cuz i juz wanted to finish this quest n reject morgan so i can start nation quest.. hahaha

guess i will try for another couple of hours.. but i wont put my hopes high..

hehe
good luck with that!
I also want to do quests for the general governor but first (I think) you have to reach a point in the pirates questline when Morgan tells you that you now can do nations quests again (dont know when exactly he tells you this).

from wat i read in this forum, its b4 the panama quest.. correct me if im wrong..

btw im still searching for that seawolf..hahaha damn~

Yep
I just read it too! But thanks for the info :onya
And btw: I would stop searching Ed if I were you cause I think it makes no sense if you (like me) dont get the log update (and if its really a bug)
so lets just hope that the future missions dont mess up :keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back