• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Cannons

De_Kaiser

Landlubber
Ahoy!

Is there a way to add more cannons to a ship, without modeling? I tried the ships.init data an made a Hoy :ship with 30 guns, just for fun , but that didn't work =/ it just didn't fire any, or less than the basic amount of balls. Is there a file in the coding like hardpoints for each ship, or do i have to re-model a whole ship?

Well, you'll never get more cannons to actually show up without modelling, but you can get the existing cannons to fire multiple times, I think.
For your code changes to take effect in the game, you must press F11 (a load of text should appear on the left), and when you go to a different location (e.g. from sea to the world map and back again), you should see the effects when firing.

If you wanted more firing points, instead of just ones that fire multiple times, you'd need to add more cannon locators, but I don't recommend messing with those unless you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the answer! Exactly, the only thing i need is a cannon to fire two or three times. So i hope this works...
I just wanted to fight with a small hoy for fun ;)
For editing the cannon locators i need 3ds max or stuff like that, right?

If you wanted more firing points, instead of just ones that fire multiple times, you'd need to add more cannon locators, but I don't recommend messing with those unless you know what you're doing.

And if you're not careful, you'll end up with a 100-gun first rate sloop of the line.

Thanks for the answer! Exactly, the only thing i need is a cannon to fire two or three times. So i hope this works...
I just wanted to fight with a small hoy for fun ;)
For editing the cannon locators i need 3ds max or stuff like that, right?
Actually you'd need "TOOL", a modding program made for this game by Inez Dias a few years ago.
It's a bit temperamental and frustrating to use at times, though.

Thanks a lot! The F11 button sometimes did work, sometimes not. I don't know why... is it the kind of ship? With the TOOL programm everything was fine. Needs more time, but works much better. Thank you!

For F11 to work, first it must be pressed and the you must go through a scene change. Then it works.

Back