• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Building houses, but where?

Foop my Car

Freebooter
I've wanted to build my house in NH, but the problem is space. The mansion and the house take up alot of space and I want to build it in the city so which colony is best suitable for erecting such large edifces?

Hmm...now that you mentioned this, do we not have any player homes on land in the game? @Pieter Boelen @Grey Roger @The Nameless Pirate That would be welcoming for sure especially to adventurers who only like to play Free Play. Anyway, you guys might better know where to build best.

As for your question, sadly I don't have a good idea as to where to place a good base/house as that never occurred to my mind besides my own ship, being my only home. Lol. xD If I wanted a base, I'd capture the whole island and appoint myself as the governor. And so makes my own home/base.

Hmm...now that you mentioned this, do we not have any player homes on land in the game? @Pieter Boelen @Grey Roger @The Nameless Pirate That would be welcoming for sure especially to adventurers who only like to play Free Play. Anyway, you guys might better know where to build best.

As for your question, sadly I don't have a good idea as to where to place a good base/house as that never occurred to my mind besides my own ship, being my only home. Lol. xD If I wanted a base, I'd capture the whole island and appoint myself as the governor. And so makes my own home/base.
Those spanish colonies have large flat streets, seems good. In my free play I'm a retried privateer and now an honest merchant titled sir, one must find a 2nd home other than the sea, eh?

Hmm...now that you mentioned this, do we not have any player homes on land in the game?
Not pre-programmed in a city, no.
But you can build whatever you want wherever you want it.

There IS the "player hideout" on Cozumel, though.
Not in a city; but does offer a couple somewhat useful features.
And a nice custom shipwreck cave location.

Those spanish colonies have large flat streets, seems good.
That was my thought too. Havana and Cartagena have plenty of space.
Hmm...now that you mentioned this, do we not have any player homes on land in the game?
Not in PoTC. As I recall, AoP allowed you to buy a house on Guadeloupe, though I'm not sure if that was in the stock game or the Supermod.

OK, I've found the code in AoP. As far as I can tell:

There's a character in Guadeloupe tavern who wants to move out and wants to sell his house to you for 50000. If you agree, and if you have the money, he shows you to the house and tries to talk you into buying it. If you agree, it's yours. Also included are a servant girl and a butler. The butler doesn't seem to do much but the servant girl's dialog includes similar code to a tavern owner so that you can sleep for a night and get your HP back.

Volunteer needed to write something similar for PoTC. You don't need to stick with Guadeloupe. There are plenty of unused buildings in various other towns.

Back