• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
And @A.H please also try the zip in the post above. I think you will like that too and I need feedback on it ;).

Reactions: A.H
Is this the newest edition of POTC...
Yes it is!

...is the 3.4 version no longer to be recommended?
Nope, that one is outdated now. I've still kept it for now as it allows you to upgrade to the Beta 4 base without requiring the huge new ZIP.
But I'll probably have to redo that anyway....

Reactions: A.H
Sorry for not being these days around here... University at the evening is a bit hard to get used to. Anyway, this weekend I can do some tests and trials on some of the bugs that are at the bug tracker...

What are the most important things to test right now? I now that the sea relations and recognizing false flags are in my list, but is there anything new in which I could take a look?

Anything related to flags and relations is quite important for me.
And the new smuggler quest is important for @Levis.
Plus just general feedback on the various questions asked in the recent threads on the Build Beta & Brainstorming forum.

Opening post EXE updated

New game is NOT enforced, but does come recommend for a few items on the list below (marked in bold).

The following changes are included:
- Fix for "black bars" on your ship HP after applying an upgrade by @Levis
- Further balancing to character Levelling to make it more challenging and the game less profitable by @Levis
- Different officer types get rank and HP bonuses by @Levis
- Updated "Gunner restocks ammo" (currently uses some simplified code by me, but should be updated later by @Jack Rackham)
- Governor smuggling quest added by @Levis
- Fixes to Jack Sparrow Animists sidequest
- "Sink the Vogelstruys" quest loop fixed
- "Asking for Directions unlocks Fast Travel" now works for several towns (but not yet all) by @Jack Rackham and me

Im sorry to say it, but this section of code is missing in the new update:
//Get the opiumlist item
ref opiumlist;
string client="";
//TODO: do this trough translate string
string booktext="";
makeref(opiumlist,Items[GetItemIndex("opiumlist")]);
//Make a nice list
aref Clients; makearef(Clients,pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.people.OpiumBuyers);
for(i=0;i<GetAttributesNum(Clients);i++)
{
//TODO: add a check to see if the buyer is to close to the opium den and exclude that from the list.
client = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(Clients,i));
booktext += "Name: "+pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.people.OpiumBuyers.(client).name+GlobalStringConvert("newline");
booktext += "Location: "+pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.people.OpiumBuyers.(client).location+GlobalStringConvert("newline");
booktext += "Island: "+pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.people.OpiumBuyers.(client).island+GlobalStringConvert("newline");
booktext += GlobalStringConvert("newline");
}
//Add the text to the book
opiumlist.OpiumList = booktext;

Execute in the console, that is all I know for now, I think Levis forget about this.

You could always install wherever you want. Just avoid Program Files.

POTC is self contained and it can be moved anywhere. The only issues are when moving it to folders where windows security is active.

Opening post EXE updated

New game is again NOT enforced.
Note that if you want to PLAY the game, you should probably stick to the release of last week (27 September 2015)!
This version is, if possible, more broken than the one I posted yesterday.
However, it also contains the foundations to hopefully make the game a LOT more enjoyable again soon.

Known problems:

- Loading takes notably longer than it used to; this is something to do with Levelling and @Levis will look into it

- Balancing error with character levels; will hopefully just require tweaking some formulas by @Levis

- Skill checking system substantially rewritten by me to restore game performance in 3D sailing mode.
This uses "stored numbers" for almost everything and isn't finished, which means that once these numbers are stored, they aren't ever updated again!
For now, this is meant as "proof of concept". Hopefully @Levis can work the required "resetting" into his skill system so that this will get to work properly.

While I didn't bother making a proper update EXE today (I'm not going to KEEP at it! There's one coming on Thursday! :whipa ),
you should be able to extra the ZIP from here on top of the LATEST version to make the game a lot more playable:
Fix in Progress - Stuttery Performance in 3D Sailing Mode due to Skill Checks | Page 16 | PiratesAhoy!

This contains @Levis' fixes to "loading time performance" and a correction to the balancing of NPC levels.
It also includes the completed "Asking for Directions Unlocks Fast Travel" feature.

But most importantly, this is the next step in my "skill system rewrite" that should vastly improve game performance in 3D sailing mode (and hopefully everywhere else).
This time the effective and party skills DO update as appropriate in most spots.
Only exception is "Change Officer Role" as that one doesn't actually work just yet. I reckon @Levis should be able to figure that one out relatively easily. :doff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back