• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to be able to fix these bugs before the weekend.

I hope to be able to fix these bugs before the weekend.
Cool!

There is a chance I won't be near my computer again for the weekend.
So unless I have the fixes by Thursday early evening, the next internal release will probably be on Monday.
Unless you want me to post something prior to the weekend for you to work from. I can do that tomorrow if it would help you.

I'll try to fix the most annoying issues first and make sure you've got them before thursday. The rest I will then try to fix and hopefully after the weekend we can have another update.

I'll try to fix the most annoying issues first and make sure you've got them before thursday. The rest I will then try to fix and hopefully after the weekend we can have another update.
Do you think you're going to manage that one? I can also wait until Monday; that is no problem for me as I'm tired today anyway.

Do you think you're going to manage that one? I can also wait until Monday; that is no problem for me as I'm tired today anyway.
Probably better to wait till monday then. I might be able to pull it off but then I can't test it that much.

Probably better to wait till monday then. I might be able to pull it off but then I can't test it that much.
If you feel like you need to rush, indeed I'll happily wait until Monday.
Better to take your time and get it as good as you can rather than throwing something out there that may not help.
Thanks! :cheers

Opening post EXE updated

Includes all the following changes:
- Corrections to Levelling by @Levis
- Attempted fix for "randomized officer assignment" by Pieter Boelen
- EITC Passport returned to quest-only item by Pieter Boelen
- Correction to bribing soldiers for smuggling scheme by @Levis
- Nation correction to Leonardo Violate by Pieter Boelen
- Governor of friendly nation dialog correction by Pieter Boelen
- Final part added to Gold-Bug storyline by @Jack Rackham
- Smuggling prices correction by @Levis
- Correction for wrong-period items at traders by Pieter Boelen
- LocIsEntryLocation error log fix by Pieter Boelen
- Attempted fix for Fetch Quest Amounts by @Levis
- Corrections to Standard Storyline by Pieter Boelen
- Sidequests marked as such in their quest titles by Pieter Boelen

New game isn't enforced, but in some cases you might experience weirdness, for example if you used to have an "EITC Passport".
Make sure to Reinit with F11 and execute this code using the console:
Code:
if (CheckCharacterItem(PChar, "EITC_Passport"))
{
TakeItemFromCharacter(PChar, "EITC_Passport");
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "Trade_Passport");
}

Hopefully this update succeeds in making the game a fair bit more playable again! :cheers

Beta 4 must be installed on top Beta 3.5 WIP (13 August), right?

I'm asking because I've got 11 August in my version:unsure

Check the link in the opening post and get that last Beta 3.5 WIP from there, then install the Beta 4 WIP on top.

Or place both b14_beta4_installer.exe and b14_beta4_full.cab in the game main folder on a clean stock potc.
I did this the last time and it works fine.

Or place both b14_beta4_installer.exe and b14_beta4_full.cab in the game main folder on a clean stock potc.
I did this the last time and it works fine.
Of course that would work too. But I recall Bartolomeu doesn't have the best internet connection and may not be able to download the 2+GB file.

Opening post EXE updated

Includes the following changes:
- England and Navy Officer updates by @Andouce
- Simplified SetRankTitle function
- Land Crewmembers take into account "vcskip"
- Extra "vcskip" added to Bartolomeu storyline
- Archipelago Map restored for Jack Sparrow

BTW: I like this new installer. It's a LOT quicker to post new updates straight as EXE now that it is smaller again! :cheeky

Sorry guys I had to help with an festival and after it I had to be a referee and then I got sick. So I will try to do a lot of stuff tomorow and friday. Expect some more bug fixes soon and I hope to finish the officer tutorial so it gets more clear for people how it works.

Opening post EXE updated

- Correction for one of @Andouce's characters
- Speightstown Blockading Squadron should give chase to close enemies
- No fighting between companion ships
- "EITC Passport" given to Cutler Beckett and other EITC characters at game start; other characters get the regular "Merchant Passport"
- Jack Sparrow and Wicked Wench corrections
- Starting items with Weapons Mod OFF corrected
- Antigua seabed corrected
- Item skill modifiers updated when checking Character Interface
- Naval Officer starting dialog corrected for nation and gender

@Pieter Boelen I might do some more work today but else it will be friday again for me. Could you try to upload a new version on Thurseday evening or so? So I know for sure I've got the most up to date stuff again.

@Pieter Boelen I might do some more work today but else it will be friday again for me. Could you try to upload a new version on Thurseday evening or so? So I know for sure I've got the most up to date stuff again.
Sure! I could even do one today if it helps, but that is probably too late for you to actually make use of.
Still, it might get you some feedback by Friday so you'll know what works properly now.

Would be nice

So if you could feel free to post one. Feedback is always good!

Last edited:
Opening post EXE updated

- Correction to position where "Ambush" characters are generated
- Ensured that "Soldier Reinforcements" do NOT use the "boat" locator
- Many corrections to Levelling by @Levis
- Get Player Type function rewritten so it functions for NPCs too
- Correction for tiny requested amounts in Fetch Quests by @Levis
- Further corrections to Jack Sparrow's Henry dialog file

This is quite an important update because of all the changes to Levelling.
That should get us several strides closer to the next public release and therefore testing and feedback will be very important!

New game is NOT required, though does come recommended if you can spare the time.
See here for details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/levis-stuff-sept-16.25316/page-6#post-517069

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back