• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To change the color of the sails with what you want, you must add your own texture to PROGRAM \ RESOURCE \ TEXTURE \ SHIPS \ SAILS. To do this you need the downloadable program from the download section, (Tx Convertor). Then, go to PROGRAM \ SHIPS \ ship_init.c. Choose your ship and add this code under Ref.Ship.SP: (I don't think the code position is important:shrug)
Code:
refShip.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "texturename.tga";
    refShip.EmblemedSails.nationFileName = "texturename.tga";
I presume one would have to copy an existing ship and edit the model
You can also do it...

So my question, or suggestion if you want to call it. How can I change the color of my sails or can it be added?
NO modding required.
Just go to the F2>Ship menu and click the icon of your sails in the upper right corner.
That should make a button appear at the bottom of the screen that allows you to choose your sails.
There are many different designs available.
You do need to reload the scene for the change to take effect (e.g. reload to shore/world map and back).

@Pieter Boelen
Ahoy Pieter!
I'm sorry to ask for your help once again, but since we tried to change the crew models, all my boarding crew has gone completly missing!
I reverted all the changes but it did not help and I'd rather not reinstall the game as I like my saves.

I reverted all the changes but it did not help and I'd rather not reinstall the game as I like my saves.
If you reverted all changes already, it is very difficult to say what is going on...
Save your saves before reinstalling the game. Then you can return the files afterwards.

@Pieter Boelen
Ahoy Pieter!
I'm sorry to ask for your help once again, but since we tried to change the crew models, all my boarding crew has gone completly missing!
Could you post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists? In particular "system.log" - if the game is having trouble displaying the boarding crew, that's most likely where the clue will be.

Could you post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists? In particular "system.log" - if the game is having trouble displaying the boarding crew, that's most likely where the clue will be.
Sure Grey.
----------------------------------------
Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP: 16 May 2017
Savegame Compatibility: 14.937
----------------------------------------

Gauging: StartGauging
Gauging: starting init
Gauging: interface
Gauging: Storylines
Gauging: Profiles
Gauging: starting init
==> BuildSettings: Sets to default
==> BuildSettings: New settings applied
Gauging: load build settings
Gauging: periods
InitNations: NATIONS_QUANTITY=6, bGuest1NationExists=0, bGuest2NationExists=0
Gauging: nations
Gauging: preprocessor
Init encounters complete.
Gauging: enc
Gauging: cann
Gauging: goods
Gauging: ships
IslandsInit: 22 islands loaded.
Gauging: islands
Init weathers complete. 0 weathers found.
Gauging: weather
InitSounds (English): created 19 entries.
InitMusic: created 98 entries.
Gauging: Aliases
Gauging: sound
Main_LogoVideo() 0
PauseAllSounds
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 1447712109 ticks.
System exit and cleanup:
Mem state: User memory: 0 MSSystem: 0 Blocks: 0
The error.log did not exist, sorry.

If you reverted all changes already, it is very difficult to say what is going on...
Save your saves before reinstalling the game. Then you can return the files afterwards.
Thanks Pieter, I shall try this if Grey can't fix it.

I suspect those are not the complete files. Rather than copy the contents, you can attach the whole files. Next to the "Post Reply" button which you'll have used to make your post, is the "Upload a File" button. You can attach a file with that. Some file types need to be zipped first but .log files can be uploaded directly.

I suspect those are not the complete files. Rather than copy the contents, you can attach the whole files. Next to the "Post Reply" button which you'll have used to make your post, is the "Upload a File" button. You can attach a file with that. Some file types need to be zipped first but .log files can be uploaded directly.
Oh I didn't see that! I also copied everything inside, unless there are hidden messages.

Attachments

• compile.log
    875 bytes · Views: 141
  • system.log
    353 bytes · Views: 131
Oh I didn't see that! I also copied everything inside, unless there are hidden messages.
I think those files are from just "opening and closing the game".
Play through again until a scene where your crew is missing, then post those files again.

I think those files are from just "opening and closing the game".
Play through again until a scene where your crew is missing, then post those files again.
There, I just finished a boarding, without any help of my crew in any of the scenes. A wild error log has appeared!

Attachments

• error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 138
  • compile.log
    42.3 KB · Views: 109
  • system.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 133
There, I just finished a boarding, without any help of my crew in any of the scenes. A wild error log has appeared!
From system.log:
Code:
resource\models\characters\davy.gm: can't open geometry file
Character model 'characters\davy' not loaded
Apparently some of your changes are still in use by the game code.

How many ideas are realized in the latest version of NH? And how many are still NOT realized? When build 14 is going to be absolutely finished?

How many ideas are realized in the latest version of NH? And how many are still NOT realized? When build 14 is going to be absolutely finished?
If we're going to wait until all ideas are realised, we can wait an infinite amount of time.
There is no longer a grand plan being executed, so progress is just what happens to happen now.

Effectively, the recent Beta 4.1 WIP versions can effectively be considered "final", except there is occasionally a new one.
A new official ModDB release is long overdue, but I simply don't have time to make the needed installer.
If that is done at some point, we might as well call that an actually finished version of Build 14.
Anything new could then go on "Post Build 14"/"Build 15" versions.

In the end though, what's in a name? Or in this case, in a version number...?

How many ideas are realized in the latest version of NH?
Look at the first post of this thread. The Change Log will tell you what has changed in the game, and the "Fixes.txt" attachment will tell you what further changes are made in the Extra Fix Archive.
And how many are still NOT realized?
Every so often, someone comes up with an idea which they think will improve the game, and the usual answer is "we'll help you but you'll be doing the work". Often the proposer either lacks the modding skills or the time to do the work, so it never happens.

Every so often one of the people actively involved in modding the game thinks of something to do, and some of these are probably being worked on right now. I know for certain that a few people are working on storylines, for example.

Every so often one of the people actively involved in modding the game thinks of something to do, and some of these are probably being worked on right now. I know for certain that a few people are working on storylines, for example.
I don't think anyone is currently working on actual new functionality or actively hunting for bugs.
Except for what you're doing yourself, that is... :cheeky

As it is now, I play a little every day, and if I see any bugs, I sure will report it.
My work with vegetation stands for the moment still,but I still wont to finish it.
Well I will be 70 years in a couple of months, so the energy is sometime a little
low.

Have we considered a torrent option for distribution of the mod? ModDB's servers are slower than sin, and downloading the large tar file takes forever.

Have we considered a torrent option for distribution of the mod? ModDB's servers are slower than sin, and downloading the large tar file takes forever.
We tried it once, but nobody bothered to seed so it didn't work.

There are several of our own non-ModDB mirrors in the file description though.
Maybe one of those is faster for you?

A new official ModDB release is long overdue, but I simply don't have time to make the needed installer.
If that is done at some point, we might as well call that an actually finished version of Build 14.
Anything new could then go on "Post Build 14"/"Build 15" versions.
Speaking of an updated installer, I'm finally able to devote some attention to it. A recent severe thunderstorm trashed my home's roof and siding, so most of my spare time has been devoted to insurance adjusters and construction contractors.

Should I go ahead and set the new installer as Build 14 Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back