• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOARDERMODEL "standard"
Replace that with "boarder"

NATHANIEL_BOARDER_0 "33_TG5DW"
Replace the "33_TG5DW" with "davy1".
Do the same with the other lines and the ones Davy models.

I looked at this but I don't know how to apply the Curse effect to the crew. Unlike the coins which are in the weapons locker, The Chest of Davy Jones is only on the person. Secondly I have no idea what IDs are being used for the Curse of Davy Jones.
Maybe next week I'll be able to give you some better support to make that work.

I have also noticed that when you start in Free Play as Davy Jones, a seaweed skeleton walks into ur cabin and talks to you, so it should already be applied somewhere.
That's an independent piece of code.
Unfortunately the crew model code is quite a mess and has been due for a rewrite for years.
At the moment, to get everything fully working, changes are needed in a fair few different spots. :facepalm

I've also forgot to mention, Im playing with Beta 4, not 4.1. I don't know how much difference there is in the code in that update.
If you can afford to start a new game, I definitely recommend upgrading to the latest version found in my signature.
There are a couple of important additional fixes in there.

Replace that with "boarder"

Replace the "33_TG5DW" with "davy1".
Do the same with the other lines and the ones Davy models.
So I did this and now when I board a ship, no crew appear. So basically it's me vs 6 enemy crew.
The code now looks like this:
// KK -->
// Models for Nathaniel's boarders.
// These are filenames from resource\models\characters but with extra character at the end describing whether they are
// men ("M"), ladies ("W") or skeletons ("S"). Empty string ("") gets stock default.

#define BOARDERMODEL "boarder" // Outfit for your boarders, insert one of these groups (Don't change spelling or the "" !):
// "marine", "corsair", "masked", "skeleton", "girl", "soldier" (soldiers of current flag),
// "boarder" (Nathaniel's soldiers); default: "standard"

#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_0 "davy1"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1 "davy2"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_2 "davy3"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_3 "davy4"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_4 "davy5"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_6 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_7 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_8 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_9 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_10 ""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_11 ""

#define BOARDER_INDEX -1 // INT - range= -1,100 , Select model for Nathaniel boarders.
// -1: random (generates different sets for every deck; works also for remaining groups),
// 0: sequential (NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1 to NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5; works also for remaining groups),
// 1-99: one selected model for all boarders (works also for remaining groups in range from 1 to 99),
// 100: sequential (NATHANIEL_BOARDER_6 to NATHANIEL_BOARDER_10; for remaining groups identical to 0).
// <-- KK

At least it does SOMETHING! :wp

Try replacing the "" lines that are left with more of the "davy#" ones.
Maybe that helps?

Try replacing the "" lines that are left with more of the "davy#" ones.
Maybe that helps?
I played around a little with the coding but doesn't seem to engage. perhaps because it's only used for Nathaniels crew or is it just a placeholder. Anyhow this is what it currently looks.
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_0 "davy1"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1 "davy2"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_2 "davy3"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_3 "davy4"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_4 "davy5"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5 "davy1"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_6 "davy2"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_7 "davy3"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_8 "davy4"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_9 "davy5"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_10 "davy1"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_11 "davy2"
EDIT: It also says in the notes that BOARDER_INDEX -1 is random sets but works for REMAINING groups. So it should technically work.

Looks like you changed it the way I would've done myself.
Could be that it just doesn't work like it should.
As I said, the relevant code DOES need cleaning up but I haven't got a clue if and when that might happen.

There is an alternate method I could think of, but I'm not sure if I can guide you through that without being able to check the code myself.
Could you have a look through initModels.c and post here the entry for "davy1" and one for a general skeleton?

My idea is to create a group of "davycrew", which can then be used as your boarder models.
This would bypass the InternalSettings.h functionality, so you can set that back to default.

So here is Davy1
model.description = "Your first basic collection of animated old bones covered in seaweed.";
model.id = "davy1";
model.FaceId = 262;
model.nation = CURSED;
model.assigned = true;
model.sex = "skeleton";
model.ani = "man"; // was skeleton
AddCharacterModel(model);

And here is the normal skeleton.
model.description = "A very strange collection of animated bones, was it ever human.";
model.id = "Skelt";
model.FaceId = 265;
model.nation = CURSED;
model.price = 5000;
model.assigned = true;
model.camouflage = true; // PB: Everyone is Enemy
model.sex = "skeleton";
The only difference between Davy1 - Davy5 is the FaceId.
Davy4 and Skeleton has the same FaceId but Skeleton has a model.camoflage and a price while Davy4 does not.

EDIT: Perhaps different models are being used for the intro scene for Davy Jones, therefor no other crew appearing. Do you know where that code is stored?

There is probably also a "skel1"; can you post the code for that one?
"Skelt" is actually a bit of an exception...

Perhaps different models are being used for the intro scene for Davy Jones, therefor no other crew appearing. Do you know where that code is stored?
I know exactly where that is because I wrote that.
But it isn't going to be of any help, really.
You can look it up in PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\StartStoryline.c .
It just does a model and name replacement on the "Malcolm Hatcher" character and affects nothing else.

Hey Guys! I don't want to cut the conversation. But, I've just found the Brethren of the coast's temple in Turks. I met with when I was playing the Woodes Rogers quest.
Will you make a bigger quest with them in the near future? Or something like the Abbey or in the apothecary's quest?

I've just found the Brethren of the coast's temple in Turks. I met with when I was playing the Woodes Rogers quest.
Will you make a bigger quest with them in the near future? Or something like the Abbey or in the apothecary's quest?
@Jack Rackham has been hard at work to create an extension to the Woodes Rogers storyline. :yes

Sorry Pieter, here's the code.
model.description = "Your first basic collection of animated old bones.";
model.id = "Skel1";
model.FaceId = 262;
model.nation = CURSED;
model.assigned = true;
model.camouflage = true; // PB: Everyone is Enemy
model.sex = "skeleton";
AssignModelType(isstart, model, "Skeletons", 1.0);

Sorry Pieter, here's the code.
Thanks! This was the line I was looking for:
Code:
AssignModelType(isstart, model, "Skeletons", 1.0);
Add that line in the same relative spot for the "davy#" models, but replace "Skeletons" with "DavyCrew".
You can update this on a save game by pressing F11 tot reinitialise.

Then you can use this command to change all your boarding crew (and ONLY those!) into seaweed skeletons:
Code:
PChar.boardermodels = "DavyCrew";
You can execute this through console on a save game as described here in point #4:
Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks

I wrote this all from memory without being able to check the code, so I hope I got the syntax right to make it work.

Add that line in the same relative spot for the "davy#" models, but replace "Skeletons" with "DavyCrew".
You can update this on a save game by pressing F11 tot reinitialise.
So I did everything, however I still have the problem that no crew appears during bording. This is how I changed the code to, perhaps there is something wrong with the models.
model.description = "Your first basic collection of animated old bones covered in seaweed.";
model.id = "davy1";
model.FaceId = 262;
model.nation = CURSED;
model.assigned = true;
model.sex = "skeleton";
AssignModelType(isstart, model, "DavyCrew", 1.0);
The only difference is the name, davy1 - davy5.
EDIT: And the FaceId is different.

So I did everything, however I still have the problem that no crew appears during bording.
Did you revert your InternalSettings.h back to default?

As far as I can tell, your code does look correct and it should work.
If it wouldn't work, at the very least you should get a crew of Nathaniel Hawks.
That is usually what happens in such a case.

....has been hard at work to create an extension to the Woodes Rogers storyline.
Yes, those evil black "monks" were enemies in part 1 of WoodesRogers and they will show up for sure in part 2.
Like all other enemies from part 1.

It did automatically when I updated to beta 4.1, the only other thing I've changed is sidestep, cheatmode and Curse of Cortez crew gets immortality.
Then my bag of tricks is temporarily empty....
Maybe next week, but I cannot afford to make any promises.

Ahoy again! :ahoy

I have a suggestion for a feature, or a question about how to change it personally.
Changing the color of your own sails, to red or black for example. I want my ship to be unique and therefor not have standard white sails. The coloring of the hull is not as important, and I also know that you already can change that on some ships.
So my question, or suggestion if you want to call it. How can I change the color of my sails or can it be added? I presume one would have to copy an existing ship and edit the model. If anyone has any experience in moddeling perhaps you could indulge me in some lessons.
BTW I looked for the modding section but I am unable to find it. I also don't know where to post this as I saw multiple forums discussion things this can be regarded as, please move this to the appropiate section if this is wrong. :shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back