• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly do you install the extra fix archive?

Do you just unzip the file and copy the contents into the POTC installation folder?

If yes, why does that require an entire new install?

Last edited:
Do you just unzip the file and copy the contents into the POTC installation folder?
Exactly. :yes

If yes, why does that require a new game install?
Why wouldn't it? Technically that's what the mod Installer EXE does too. ;)

Requiring a new game depends on what is changed.
Even a single changed line in a Location Init file could require a new game if it is important enough.

That's exactly how you install it. It doesn't require a new game install if you have already installed the 7th January version of Beta 4.1, but it does require you start a new game because it won't recognise savegames from before the fixes. That's because some items won't work properly with old savegames.

If you're previously installed the fix archive then even that is not an issue because not much has changed between what I intend to release this week and what went out last month. So if you've installed Beta 4.1 from 7th January, plus the March zip archive, then installing the April archive won't require you to start over.

I'm confused - it says "new game required" for extra fix archive. Which of these does that mean:

1) You can't use old savegames, you have to delete them and start a new game

2) You have to delete your entire installation and reinstall the base game, then reinstall the mod, THEN you can unzip the extra fixes into the potc folder

Edit: Ok, nevermind. Grey Roger answered this as I was typing it!

One other thing to note is that the zip is just a collection of files which have been altered since the 7th January installer. If you know what you're doing then you can pick and choose which files you want. In particular, copy "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\common.ini". That won't even mean you need to start a new game, but it will cure the problem of ships being unbuyable with no reason given.

1) You can't use old savegames, you have to delete them and start a new game

2) You have to delete your entire installation and reinstall the base game, then reinstall the mod, THEN you can unzip the extra fixes into the potc folder
It's #1. :)

I have uploaded on dropbox but not sure if the link is ok.

Login - Dropbox

If it works it contains besides new WoodesRogers files the Cartagena cloister upgrade, new cloister exit for @Bartolomeu and Barbossa2 blue outfit and pegleg.

Attachments

• Barbossa2.jpg
    Barbossa2.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 168
Unfortunately that link is to a login page, not the files.

One-legged Admiral Barbossa looks good! :onya

And now it's incorporated into the latest version of the zip. I had to WinMerge "initItems.c" and "initModels.c" because I'd also made some changes to those, so what's in the zip includes all my changes to those files plus the changes in "JRH files 2392 17-04-11.7z". (The katana is now unique so it can't show up in the hands of random boarders - you can get one by killing the chief Animist at the end of "Strange Things Going On" instead. I've added a new character model of my own, and corrected the descriptions of "Blaze4", "Blaze5", "Blaze6" and "Blaze7". Previously "Blaze7" had a description which fitted "Blaze6", "Blaze6" had one for "Blaze5", "Blaze5" had one for "Blaze4", and "Blaze4" had no description at all.)

The first post of this thread has been updated.

Ahoy, mateys! The build 14 beta 4.1 update jan 7 with the post jan 7 fixes applied doesn't appear to work for me. It works just fine up until the point when I choose the character, and then it crashes on the loading screen and I get an error message that the app stopped working. I am using win10 by the way. Any idea what might be causing this?

@Edvinas681: Did the game work before installing the latest mod?
If you didn't try that, install the Intel Fix.
Your symptoms sound like that might help.

@Pieter Boelen The game doesn't work without the latest fixes either. I am not sure if Intel fix will fix my problem even though I do have the intel onboard graphics. It is because since I use an nvdia graphics card instead of the intel one. You think the problem is there even though I am not using the intel card?

Edit: Holy Moly, it actually worked! Thanks Pieter!!

Last edited:
@Edvinas681 Are you sure your computer is using the Nvidia card? I know some people who
have both Intel and Nvidia, have to force the computer to use the Nvidia card.
PS.I have both, but never used the Intel card, and my Nvidia card act good, without
any fixes.

@ANSEL I did force my laptop to use the nvidia card through the Nvidia control pannel, but I got the error either way. The Intel fix fixes it for me. Do you know maybe I am doing something wrong and I don't even need it?

Well If the Intel fix helps you, it indicate you are using the Intel card, not the Nvidia one.
My computer use the Nvidia card first time I use it, the Intel card have never been in use,
so I never have seen the problem and I dont know how to fix the problem. I know some
members of the forum, knows how to solve the problem, but who it is I dont remember.
And yes! I think you have not forced the computer to use the right card yet!

I hope somebody would turn up and help me with this problem I am having then!

Edit: Yup, I have disabled my onboard GPU and it turns out the game was using the Intel card even though I force it to use the Nvidia one. Still Intel HD 520 is a decent card and I am not experiencing any lags and such. Just that the water in-game looks weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back