• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure, because 'GiveItem2Character' goes through a chain of functions which ends up at 'TakeNItems', which among other things does this:
Code:
     if ( ! ENABLE_WEAPONSMOD ) {
       string strTemp = GetSymbol(itemName, strLen(itemName)-1);
       if (strTemp == "+" || strTemp == "-")
       {
         itemName = strLeft(itemName, strLen(itemName-2));
         rc = Items_FindItem(itemName,&arItm);
         if (rc < 0)
           trace("WARNING!!! Item id = "+itemName+" not implemented");
       }
     }
That appears to check for the "Weapons" mod, and if disabled, try to get a valid item by removing the quality modifier. Anyway, I'm doing my own check for the "Weapons" mod now just to be on the safe side.

I'm not so sure, because 'GiveItem2Character' goes through a chain of functions which ends up at 'TakeNItems', which among other things does this:
Code:
     if ( ! ENABLE_WEAPONSMOD ) {
       string strTemp = GetSymbol(itemName, strLen(itemName)-1);
       if (strTemp == "+" || strTemp == "-")
       {
         itemName = strLeft(itemName, strLen(itemName-2));
         rc = Items_FindItem(itemName,&arItm);
         if (rc < 0)
           trace("WARNING!!! Item id = "+itemName+" not implemented");
       }
     }
That appears to check for the "Weapons" mod, and if disabled, try to get a valid item by removing the quality modifier. Anyway, I'm doing my own check for the "Weapons" mod now just to be on the safe side.
Ah, that's good! Then it might actually do what we of course would WANT. :woot

No it doesn't work. I can't see nothing happened. I will take a further look in to it.
to day.
Nothing? Did you get the "choose target" behaviour at all?
I didn't test it myself, but @Captain92 said that it seemed to work as it should.

No question about it. I re-downloaded the archive from the FTP site to get that version, rather than one with any newer stuff I've added since. I also downloaded "BattleInterface.c" from that post of yours. WinMerge says the version from your post and the version in the archive are identical.

@ANSEL: when did you last download "post 7th Jan fixes.zip"? It was recently updated and uploaded. And "globals.c" has been changed to make it require a new game, so unless you edited that file, you'd need to start a new game after installing the update.

No question about it. I re-downloaded the archive from the FTP site to get that version, rather than one with any newer stuff I've added since. I also downloaded "BattleInterface.c" from that post of yours. WinMerge says the version from your post and the version in the archive are identical.
Thanks for confirming! :cheers

Looks like the Change Log isn't making a whole lot of sense there:
Code:
- New Features:
[...]
  . Soldiers on boardings receive soldier weapons by Pieter Boelen
[...]
- Gameplay/Balancing Updates:
  . Boarding Soldier Weapons Mod disabled by Grey Roger
LOL @Grey Roger! :rofl
Could you remove that first line from "Build Info.txt" the next time you compile a ZIP? :wp

And these can both be removed too:
Code:
. Removed cap to fencing XP for high-level opponents by Pieter Boelen
[...]
. XP cap for high level opponents restored by Pieter Boelen

Also, this is no longer "attempted" as it has been confirmed to actually work:
Code:
Attempted fix for Boarding Looting Crashes by Mere Mortal (adapted by Pieter Boelen)

Plus one of these is a duplicate:
Code:
. Trade quests to departure port prevented by Pieter Boelen
[...]
. Trade Quests to same island prevented by Pieter Boelen

Is there a Change Log somewhere of the work you did on the Post Jan 7 Fixes?

Looks like the Change Log isn't making a whole lot of sense there:
Code:
- New Features:
[...]
  . Soldiers on boardings receive soldier weapons by Pieter Boelen
[...]
- Gameplay/Balancing Updates:
  . Boarding Soldier Weapons Mod disabled by Grey Roger
LOL @Grey Roger! :rofl
Could you remove that first line from "Build Info.txt" the next time you compile a ZIP? :wp
Technically they're both true. The code is still there, it's just commented out until it's been made to work better.

And these can both be removed too:
Code:
. Removed cap to fencing XP for high-level opponents by Pieter Boelen
[...]
. XP cap for high level opponents restored by Pieter Boelen
OK, I'll remove those.

Also, this is no longer "attempted" as it has been confirmed to actually work:
Code:
Attempted fix for Boarding Looting Crashes by Mere Mortal (adapted by Pieter Boelen)
"Attempted" now deleted.

Plus one of these is a duplicate:
Code:
. Trade quests to departure port prevented by Pieter Boelen
[...]
. Trade Quests to same island prevented by Pieter Boelen
Which one is accurate? The former means, if you take a trade quest from Speightstown, it can't go back to Speightstown. The latter means it can't go to Bridgetown either.

Is there a Change Log somewhere of the work you did on the Post Jan 7 Fixes?
Yes - I'll need to remember to include it in the zip. For now, have a look at this.

Attachments

• Fixes.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 120
Technically they're both true. The code is still there, it's just commented out until it's been made to work better.
Maybe move one all the way to the bottom under "temporarily disabled mods" or something?
I think "Hail Ship"/"Friendly Contact on High Seas" might be listed in the file under some similar label.

Which one is accurate? The former means, if you take a trade quest from Speightstown, it can't go back to Speightstown. The latter means it can't go to Bridgetown either.
Good point; must be the latter by now (everything is listed close to chronologically, with more recent appended to the bottom).
Otherwise the Cargo Quest would be a little TOO easy! :wp

Yes - I'll need to remember to include it in the zip. For now, have a look at this.
Brilliant, thanks! :woot

Edit: Some pretty great stuff included in that list too. :cheeky

Maybe move one all the way to the bottom under "temporarily disabled mods" or something?
I think "Hail Ship"/"Friendly Contact on High Seas" might be listed in the file under some similar label.
It's further down but not at the bottom of the whole file. It's at the bottom of the section on Beta 2, prefixed by "[WIP: Turned off on purpose]". Some other sections have bits labelled "- For Future Development". So, at the bottom of Beta 4.1, I've added:
- For Future Development:
. [WIP: Turned off on purpose] Soldiers on boardings receive soldier weapons by Pieter Boelen

Good point; must be the latter by now (everything is listed close to chronologically, with more recent appended to the bottom).
Otherwise the Cargo Quest would be a little TOO easy! :wp
Fair enough, the line about "trade quests to departure port" is deleted.

Anyone have anything new to add? In particular, @Jack Rackham, anything new ready for "Woodes Rogers"?

It's been a little over a month since the last update release, so it's about time for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back