• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reuploaded the zipfile so you should now be able to extract it right. If you already installed it, no need to do it again.

Because some of the bugs introduced in the latest zipfile could break games I'm planning on creating a new zip with the latest fixes on wednesday. this one won't require a new game if you have the latest zip already

First post update with a new zipfile with updates being:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 4.1:
- New Features:
  . You can now ask the smuggler for info about the patrols which is shown in the tradebook by Levis
  . Skill modifiers are now shown in the character interface when right clicking on the skill by Levis
  . Introduction of Baker Rifle by Jack Rackham and Tingyun
  . New tomahawk by Jack Rackham
  . Added Cossacks freeplay character by Grey Roger
  . New small sidequest when hireing Rys Bloom by Grey Roger
  . Al character models should now walk at the same speed by Tingyun
- Code Updates:
  . Buildings don't go trough the post init process anymore to increase performance by Levis
  . Some loops in leveling are stopped when not needed anymore to increase performance by Levis
  . Tidied the code for showing the officer image in the character interface so its more flexible by Levis
  . Added trader officer type to the init because it was missing by Levis
  . Removed random effect from shipupgrades by Tingyun
  . Skill item effect reduces depending on difficulty by Jack Rackham, Tingyun and Levis
  . Rebalancing of several items by Jack Rackham, Grey Roger and Tingyun
  . Merchant Passport doesn't influence commerce skill by Tingyun
  . Tweaks to salary calculation by Tingyun
  . Tweaked price of Bermude Sloop by Tingyun
  . Money in apothecary treatment is now substracted from crew money by Tingyun
  . Surrendered Captains now duel at random by Tingyun
  . Removed skill penalty for grappling after surrender by Tingyun
  . Captains are now generated the same way by Levis
  . Tweaks in calculations fight damage by Tingyun
  . Remove depence of luck during boarding by Tingyun
  . Trade winds now blow more towards west by Tingyun
  . Officer and captain perks/skill assignment changed by Levis and Tingyun
- Bug Fixes:
  . Transfering to and from ships with no cannons now should produce same caliber by Levis
  . Player ship is displayed in fast travel if companions are presend by Levis
  . Fix for disappearing barmaid in Buccaners_camp tavern by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for small exit locator on cuba shor by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for lost ship with stormy start by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for item bonusses not working right by Levis and Jack Rackham
  . Some textfixes in dialogs and rumours and descriptions for perks by Tingyun
  . Fixed a bug where officer where missing skillpoints by Levis
  . Fixed a bug where officer didn't get the right skill bonusses by Levis
  . Changed paramter for perk selection so all officertypes have the right perks by Levis
  . Fix for officertypes changing to fighter when removed from party by Levis
  . Fix for flags not changing if you dont exit interface by Levis
  . Fix for random captains in tavern paying to much for contraband by Levis and Tingyun
  . Passengers now don't pick perks themself anymore after levelup by Levis
  . Tailor reset function now resets all perks again by Tingyun
  . Traveling Merchants don't offer to much discount on items anymore by Tingyun
  . Officertypes are now reinitialized right by Levis
  . Fix in coastguard patrol dialog by Levis
  . Fix in Dusty dialog in apothercary quest by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for equiping bows and fists by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for shiplocator at Turks by Jack Rackham
  . Fix for missing state in improve fight ai by Levis
  . Fix for good updates being able to go past max or min quanity by Levis
  . Fix for Tradegoods for quest determination by Pieter Boelen
  . Fix for Captain dialogs by Tingyun
  . Fix for Opium Sickness which was wrong way around by Levis
- Storyline Updates:
  . Sidequests:
  > During Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago Padre Domingues will find his way back if not talked to by Grey Roger
  > During Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago exit of San Juan church is reset after defeating mefisto by Grey Roger
  > During Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago after quest is done women will go to port by Grey Roger
  . Standard storyline:
  > Minor dialog tweaks for danielle and silehard by Grey Roger
  > Made sure quest alsways closes for Story_AppearonIslaMuelleonAnacletoShip by Grey Roger
  > Danielle will join you in the Greenford assault by Grey Roger
  > Bridgetown is taken for Personal_nation so other relations are unaffected by Grey Roger
  > Restored scene in Bridgetown prisson so Clement is waiting to be rescued by Grey Roger
  > Silehard is nog longer pirate during cozomul battle by Grey Roger
  > Ferro Cerezo wont dissapair if taken as prissoner by Grey Roger
  > Questbook update moved to point you actually arive at shore by Grey Roger
  > Bridgetown guards should get right uniform during the story
  > Fix for missing tutorial questcases by Levis
  . Ardent storyline:
  > Changed what happens after marriage scene and alternative path added by Grey Roger
  > After kidnapping Lucia or Edmundo all outcomes could now enable you to go after the convoy by Grey Roger
  . Assassin storyline:
  >
  . Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline:
  >
  . Free Play storyline:
  > Fix for missing tutorial questcases by Levis
  . Hornblower storyline:
  > Fix for bug where Sharpe disappears if you take to long reading Wellard's dialog by Grey Roger
  . Jack Sparrow storyline:
  >
  . Woodes Rogers storyline:
  > New WIP content added by Jack Rackham
  . The Gold-Bug storyline:
  >
- Model and Texture Updates:
  . Fix for the NL_NeptuneE by Grey Roger
- ADDITIONAL INSTALLATION OPTIONS:

Note: due to difficulty with the FTP the zip is on a other host for now.

after the suggestions by @Joer I changed the firstpost to better show that the zip file is an experimental release

I'm toying with the idea of going through the thread about post Build 14 Beta 4.0 additions, starting with the first one after 28th July, then building up a collection of fixes only. "Rebalancing", "realism" and system overhauls won't be included. To that end, @Jack Rackham, could you create a version of "initItems.c" which includes anything necessary to the extended "Woodes Rogers" story but does not include any revised weapon prices or stats? I want to include storyline updates as well, the idea being that they don't affect normal gameplay and if anyone doesn't like where the story is going then all they have to do is not play that story. The proviso is that they do indeed not affect normal gameplay! ;) The same goes for sidequests; provided they don't interfere with the rest of gameplay, I'll include updates, which won't affect players who choose not to play that sidequest.

Yes, but when did those weapon prices etc happened in inititems.c?
I need a "clean" but as late as possible version to merge in my quest changes into.

Yes, but when did those weapon prices etc happened in inititems.c?
I need a "clean" but as late as possible version to merge in my quest changes into.
Take the 28 July 2016 version. That one is readily available from the EXE linked to in my signature. :doff

Thanks Pieter. I'll fix that.
@Grey Roger: would it be of any help if I put together ALL I've got of news after the latest zip
including my latest pack (not yet uploaded)?

@Grey Roger: would it be of any help if I put together ALL I've got of news after the latest zip
including my latest pack (not yet uploaded)?
Not really, no. I prefer specific fixes rather than all-in-one packs, partly because it's then easier to see if they're bug fixes or attempted improvements to the game - this is supposed to be fixes only, so bug fixes go in, rebalances don't. I'm going through the New Content: Post Build 14 Beta 4.0 Public Release thread, using "WinMerge" to compare posted files there to what's available up to 28th July and making sure nothing unwanted is trying to sneak in. Also, I'm trying to log each specific fix which goes in.

But a complete pack of "Woodes Rogers" would be useful - I'd like to include that. Provided, that is, that it does not come packaged with anything that affects general gameplay outside the storyline. ;)

But a complete pack of "Woodes Rogers" would be useful - I'd like to include that. Provided, that is, that it does not come packaged with anything that affects general gameplay outside the storyline. ;)
I don't think @Jack Rackham did many recent new features/rebalancing, so if it is just his work, then it is mostly just Woodes Rogers.
Plus maybe some locator file fixes. Though there WAS the "adding a second chest to ship cabins" thing, I suppose....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back