• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be up to @Mad Jack Wolfe who is handling the executable. But why not have the current executable available via a thread here? It's still not a full public release - as I understand it, that's what goes on ModDB. Put a link to it on the forum, then people can try it out, which is the only way we're going to find out if there are problems.

As far as I can tell, the 11th August executable is basically a repackage of the 7th January executable along with such of the post 7th January archive as was available at 11th August. So, barring a problem with the executable itself (which you'd expect would have shown up as soon as anyone tried to run it), the install should be as reliable as a 7th January install followed by adding the archive.

And it means I get some space back on my portable drive because the big files which were eating that space are now in the 11th August installer. :D

But why not have the current executable available via a thread here?
I can think of zero reasons not to! Feel free to update my opening post accordingly. :doff

As far as I can tell, the 11th August executable is basically a repackage of the 7th January executable along with such of the post 7th January archive as was available at 11th August. So, barring a problem with the executable itself (which you'd expect would have shown up as soon as anyone tried to run it), the install should be as reliable as a 7th January install followed by adding the archive.
I'd assume so, yes. And I think both you and @Mad Jack Wolfe did a WinMerge check on the results, so based on that I'd expect it is OK.
Because of personal reasons, I have done absolutely nothing with it myself and chances are that is not going to happen either.
Not any time soon anyway. Just too crazy busy here. :shrug

And it means I get some space back on my portable drive because the big files which were eating that space are now in the 11th August installer. :D
Don't you love them "win-win" situations? :rofl

I can think of zero reasons not to! Feel free to update my opening post accordingly. :doff
How do I put a copy of the 11th August installer into the repository? Or should I just copy it to the FTP site?

Rather than edit the opening post of this thread, which is about the 7th January version, perhaps if we make the 11th August installer available then we can start a new thread for it. ;)

Since 11 Aug 2017 isn't released yet, here's a question: Should the Post 11 Aug stuff go into a new executable before it is publicly released? Or not?
It would be no trouble at all for me to integrate this latest patch into what will be the prime (31 August 2017) release. Then next month's patch can stand as its own archive as usual.

I would recommend that we update the prime installer executable on at least a twice yearly basis.

How do I put a copy of the 11th August installer into the repository? Or should I just copy it to the FTP site?
Repository? You mean the SVN one?
Nah, you can just upload it to the FTP. Do you have the login details?

Rather than edit the opening post of this thread, which is about the 7th January version, perhaps if we make the 11th August installer available then we can start a new thread for it. ;)
I'd suggest to make a new thread when it is released to the public, e.g. on ModDB.
For any still-internal releases, I've always just reused the same thread.
Of course I used to make a new EXE Installer every 2 weeks at the time, so that was a different situation. :wp

It would be no trouble at all for me to integrate this latest patch into what will be the prime (31 August 2017) release. Then next month's patch can stand as its own archive as usual.
What still needs to be done before the installer is fully 100% ModDB-ready?

I would recommend that we update the prime installer executable on at least a twice yearly basis.
Sounds sensible.
Do you reckon the prime installer executable should also ALWAYS be posted to ModDB then?

Repository? You mean the SVN one?
Nah, you can just upload it to the FTP. Do you have the login details?
I'd have had a bit of difficulty uploading the post 7th January archives without being able to log on. xD

I'd suggest to make a new thread when it is released to the public, e.g. on ModDB.
For any still-internal releases, I've always just reused the same thread.
Fair enough, though the thread title will need to change.

What still needs to be done before the installer is fully 100% ModDB-ready?
For one thing, a good thorough testing, which is why I thought it might be a good idea to get it out onto the forum.

HMS Indefatigable needs to be finished off and so does my "Hornblower" sidequest/extension. And with all the new "Woodes Rogers" stuff having gone in, it might be nice if you could get at some of it while playing the storyline. ;)

Fair enough, though the thread title will need to change.
Yep. I think you can already do that. If not, let me know and I'll either give you the rights or do it myself.
Either way: Easily done.

For one thing, a good thorough testing, which is why I thought it might be a good idea to get it out onto the forum.
Agreed. Might need some measure of promotion though to get people to wake up an join in doing that testing.

HMS Indefatigable needs to be finished off and so does my "Hornblower" sidequest/extension. And with all the new "Woodes Rogers" stuff having gone in, it might be nice if you could get at some of it while playing the storyline. ;)
Are you saying 'you' as in 'me'? You can count on that not happening.
Sorry, but I just don't have any time to spare whatsoever. Life is just too crazy, crazy busy.

I've got the new files integrated already. I'd like to take a crack at detecting the install location like we discussed yesterday. Hopefully, it will be an easy thing. If not, we can table it for another time.

I've got the new files integrated already. I'd like to take a crack at detecting the install location like we discussed yesterday. Hopefully, it will be an easy thing. If not, we can table it for another time.
Sounds like a plan!

Major update!

The opening post has now been updated to link to the new installer from @Mad Jack Wolfe. This incorporates everything from the previous (7th January) installer, the post 7th January fixes archive, and a couple of other things besides, including the realistic HMS Indefatigable from @Martes. There's also a fixes archive to go with it, including texture files needed for said HMS Indefatigable.

:bow Thanks @Mad Jack Wolfe, @Grey Roger, @Jack Rackham and @Martes for their hard work on the installer and the content! :bow
ebeJD82.gif

Yes that's good but I was just to upload my new files "before the weekend" like I told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back