• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed the January 7 version onto to my laptop. The game opens and let's you select what you but when you hit start game it stops working. System log attached. I have deleted the options file and that doesn't make any difference.

Attachments

• system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 285
Intel fix? I have an nividia graphics card?
Yep. "Game crashing right after starting a new game" is virtually always the Intel problem.
You can install the fix and, if it doesn't help, then at least we know for sure and it is easy enough to remove again.

For some reason, it happens quite often that people who DO have proper graphics cards, STILL have the game running from the Intel card instead.
I don't remember anyone coming up with a good solution for that, but it definitely happens. :facepalm

Once again you were right that appears to have fixed it.[
Glad to hear it worked! :cheers

I wished you could figure out a way to force the game to recognise your NVidia card; then you wouldn't need the Intel Fix.
But unfortunately I haven't got a clue how to make that work...

Well, the odd thing is this version worked fine without the fix on my desk top which also has a NVidia card.

Well, the odd thing is this version worked fine without the fix on my desk top which also has a NVidia card.
Two different computers. There could be any number of differences being the cause of that...

For some reason the laptop is ignoring its NVidia card and using the built-in Intel graphics instead - you're not the first person to have that problem! The desktop is using the NVidia card as it is meant to.

Hi guys, I´m new in this web page, Pirate Ahoy!, I just installed PotC. I cant even open it. I´ve read and read many posts and I cannot find an answer.
I have window 10 and it seem that the problem is the resolution or something like that. I´ve downloaded a bunch of stuff but still not working. I have change the graphics on my computer, settings, etc. What would be the best solution to play?

Thanks,

Ahoy there @bravini007 and welcome to the forum!

You mean the game won't start before installing any mods?
That might be the Windows 10 copy protection issue.
If so, swapping out ENGINE.EXE with the version from the mod should solve the problem.

Ahoy there @bravini007 and welcome to the forum!

You mean the game won't start before installing any mods?
That might be the Windows 10 copy protection issue.
If so, swapping out ENGINE.EXE with the version from the mod should solve the problem.
Sorry to bother, after the main menu, when I click new game, an error occurs.
upload_2017-1-26_17-57-52.png

this is what it says.

Sorry to bother, after the main menu, when I click new game, an error occurs. View attachment 29091
this is what it says.
Haven't seen that one in ages.

Please post ALL the .log files from your main game folder, just in case.
So that is compile.log, system.log and possibly error.log .

In what folder do you have the game installed?
Also, could you describe the steps you followed to install the mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back