• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4.0 Public Release

Heyho pieter nice to know u, this mod was really great for playing along, but there's one problem for me, i didn't had full characters like ur said, only standart plus ardent n goldbug? Is this right or maybe i got it wrong from yhe installation? Iwish u note this pieter thank u

I do not know what that message means.
There are several different storylines.
And for the Free Play one, if you click your character portrait, you can choose from a whole bunch of other ones instead.

I am having trouble updating the game with the April 2 version. I was very successful updated my desktop and I have downloaded both of files to the laptop and put them in the same folder, but the extension of data pack is .tar and the installer doesn't appear to recognize it. Can you help.

I am having trouble updating the game with the April 2 version. I was very successful updated my desktop and I have downloaded both of files to the laptop and put them in the same folder, but the extension of data pack is .tar and the installer doesn't appear to recognize it. Can you help.
What message does the Installer EXE give?

It says "main archive file not present . place beta4_final.tar in the folder to continue. I had the March 26 cab so that probably explains it. right? I am in hotels all week so I may not be able to download this until next week.

I noticed on the May 16 update you call for the March 31 cab file is that any different?

I noticed on the May 16 update you call for the March 31 cab file is that any different?
The correct version is indeed dated 31 March 2016.

I had the March 26 cab so that probably explains it. right?
Try to rename it manually to ".tar".

If your version isn't the correct one, the Installer EXE should give you a warning about that and refuse to install.

Ahoy Pieter! :aar

Just looking into before doing a major update.
I still have lots of real life actually, don't know when I will play again. But I'll stay in contact!

:rumgone

@MrMundy You can do it in the installer, look pic.

Udklip.PNG

What box are you referring to?
The only way to enable/disable ENB is by installing or uninstalling it.

Oh alright, I ment this box: (The Grey one)
LGT9Y.png

(Which doesnt work, but if it aint the box for ENB its irrelevant I suppose)
ENB isnt working for me though. I first installed it together with the initial instalation of the Version from the 2nd of April, but that didnt do anything. Uninstalling and installing again didnt work either.

@ANSEL did that, didnt work though. Does it work for anyone else (I have to assume so highly, overwise it propably wouldnt be in the installer :D)

Oh alright, I ment this box: (The Grey one)
I don't even have that box in my Config.exe . That definitely has nothing to do with ENB anyway.

Does it work for anyone else
It has worked fine for me for years.
You can tell that it works by the light green text in the upper left corner of the screen when you start the game.
It should be a simple matter of installing it along with the mod. If that doesn't work, I have no clue how to make it work.
It isn't actually a huge improvement anyway; there are plenty of people who don't even like it at all and deliberately don't use it.

I guess I did something wrong while installing the mod, which I did (try) multible times since I extracted the files the first few times rather then just using the .rar folder.
I will just reeinstall the game+mod and shredder all the remaining files completly when I start my next playthrough, I am currently enjoying my Ironman merchant playthrough, despite me having taken the wrong route twice and going off to Cuba rather then Barbados after visiting guadeloupe :confused:

Cheers Gentlemen,

unfortunately, I don't get it installed. I downloaded both parts from Moddatabase. Put them all into a folder. Fresh-installed the game into another folder.
Then followed the install instructions on Moddatatbase.
When I started the exe, it told me that it can't instal because part 2 ist not in the same folder. But it is. *swear*

Any ideas?

Back