• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

The Black Pearl is the fastest ship in the game though, but not excessively so. Perhaps DavyJack modified her files; she likes to do that. :wp
Aye, but I think I lessened it. From 16.8 to 16.0. So..:shrug:p 'cause 16.8 is way too fast for me. I think I'm gonna reduce it to 15.0 or 14.5 next time. Hehehe.

On the subject of high-speed ships:
HighSpeed.jpg

the guards outside are not from my mod. they have always been like that. could take a look at it sometime

The latest posted update should read "14 Beta 3.2 WIP: 13 Apr 2014". That is what I have in my game.

Oh, I thought you were referring to problems with Vanderdecken and/or the Flying Dutchman.

Made a few changes to the training code to fix the errors previously seen plus added some dialog to better indicate if you won or lost the sparring match. I made these on top of Pieter's version of my files. See attached zip. Thanks for the troubleshooting snippets Levis ...very helpful.
Maybe one more tip cause I tried it today. Could you see if you could disable the option to go to see during the training fight? I wanted to use rush during the fight but accedently went to sea. This should be fixed by setting a infight parameter or something like that. I know it's there just don't know from the top of my head how it's called.

How do you like the idea btw to make a "harder" level for the sword tutorial also and when people get past that they unlock the SwordplayProfessional Perk. We could also have Rush be unlocked by the normal hard level for example.

Last edited:
Maybe one more tip cause I tried it today. Could you see if you could disable the option to go to see during the training fight? I wanted to use rush during the fight but accedently went to sea. This should be fixed by setting a infight parameter or something like that. I know it's there just don't know from the top of my head how it's called.

How do you like the idea btw to make a "harder" level for the sword tutorial also and when people get past that they unlock the SwordplayProfessional Perk. We could also have Rush be unlocked by the normal hard level for example.

I'll take a look at the ability to lock down the options during the fight. That should be easy. But you didn't like my "quick escape to sea" feature? ;)
I like the harder level idea. I was planning on trying to make Maximus' original idea work which was multiple practice opponents at once.

I'll take a look at the ability to lock down the options during the fight. That should be easy. But you didn't like my "quick escape to sea" feature? ;)
I like the harder level idea. I was planning on trying to make Maximus' original idea work which was multiple practice opponents at once.

I hope you can get the harder level to work :). I will then include the unlockable perk later in it :).

New One: http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe

Feature List:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.2:
- Config.exe restored and improved, with special thanks to De Zeeroovers
- New Archipelago Map added by Agentad
- Bug Fixes:
  . Missing Ships on Worldmap Encounters fixed by Levis
  . Monthly Salary Payments fixed by Levis
  . Extra Atmosphere Tavern Fights fixed by Levis
  . Rival Suitor error messages fixed by Levis
  . Weird Effects after Self Dialog fixed by Levis
  . Missed "corpse" attribute error log fixed by Levis
  . Muskets/Musketoons not working during boardings fixed by Jack Rackham
  . Father Bernard "Skill Reset" functionality fixed by El Rapido
  . Promotion Reward Officer model errors fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Fix to Guadeloupe Town Capture by Pieter Boelen
  . Barbados location descriptions fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Fleut of War encounter chance improved by Pieter Boelen
  . Attempted fix for Capture Colonies Female Governors by Pieter Boelen
- Gameplay Updates:
  . Locked Abilities Functionality added by Levis
  > Unlock in various ways, explained in the descriptions
  > Includes support for readable books
  . Worldmap Encounters improved to take into account nearby islands and time of day by Levis
  . Moon Phase changes visibly ingame by Purseon
  . Training Fights with crew on player ship deck fixed and reinstated by Purseon
  . Hostile Traders can be fooled, depending on false flag detection chance, by Purseon
  . ENABLE_CHEATMODE functionality added by El Rapido
  > Tailor provides a "Famous Pirate Clothes Collection"
  > Tailor allows resetting of Player and Officer skills and abilities
- Code Updates:
  . Ability System fixed and improved by Levis
  . F2>Character Screen shows highest rank instead of latest rank by Levis
  . Enemy Soldiers in Taverns improved by Levis
  . Enhanced Dialog System included by Levis
  . Pickpocket Gold handling improved by Aconcagua
  . Female Officer Percentage setting added by Aconcagua
  . Officer Hire Price randomized a bit more by Aconcagua
  . Perks Code improved by Aconcagua
  . REALISTIC_ABILITIES setting has multiple realism levels by Aconcagua
  . Timescale Settings changed to x1, x3, x5, x10 and x20 by El Rapido
  . Officer Skill Contribution values modified by El Rapido
  . SKILL_EXPERIENCE_MULTIPLIER and EXPERIENCE_MULTIPLIER settings added by El Rapido
- Storyline Updates:
  . Gold-Bug Storyline new WIP content included by Jack Rackham
  . Standard storyline Capture Black Pearl scene fixed by Levis
  . Davy Jones made into a more formidable opponent by Levis
  . Assassin Storyline potential missing Henry Morgan fixed by Levis
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline Pintel Passenger Bug fixed by VanessaHudgensFan and Levis
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline double greeting on Bella Brin fixed by VanessaHudgensFan and Pieter Boelen
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline potential quest errors due to immortal Mr. Gibbs fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline Laurence Bannerman returns to Turks after ending by Pieter Boelen
  . Standard storyline Black Pearl swap with uncursed version after capture fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Texture Updates:
  . High-detail Boat texture added by TheBlackKnight
- Model Updates:
  . HMS Surprise camera height improved by Hylie Pistof
  . Improved Superbe model by DF5
- Modder Tools:
  . Perks Reinit Code added by Levis
- ADDITIONAL INSTALLATION OPTIONS:
  . Widescreen Textures including:
  > Improved Spyglasses by TheBlackKnight
  > Widescreen Moon Textures by Purseon
Not yet included: Jack Sparrow additional quest content by @VanessaHudgensFan. Hopefully we can do that on the next update in a week or so. :doff

Note that if you wanna use the new perk setting you need to use F11.
If perks are locked now and you don't want this, use these commands in the console to unlock them
Code:
UnlockPerk("BasicLandOwner");
UnlockPerk("Trustworthy");
UnlockPerk("Troopers");
UnlockPerk("AdvancedDefence");

Last edited:
Back